PS3/Wii Demand (Or Lack Of)

The local EB guy was telling me that most people turn their noses up at the PS3's price, and are more inclined to buy an Xbox 360 + Wii for the same amount of money.

van the games that are out now for the wii, are fcking terrible, they have no bearing on the graphical quality of the system AT ALL.

it looks like most makers are concentrating on the remote and wii controls first, so hopefully the graphics will start to improve soon, for instance, i'm playing RE4 right now which is for the CG and the graphics are amazing, so the wii being a more powerful system will be able to match those graphical qualities and up them quite a bit. they should have had a fully optimised game at lunch though.

I almost sold my wii because i thought red steel was as good as the graphics get, but its not.
Hey, i hope so...
I think the only games to buy for the wii, will be games by nintendo.
Im still happy with the wii, its a billion times more fun with friends than the others ever were.

i think i may still buy a ps3 and a 360 this time, last time round i just didny='t get anything, well i had an xbox for a while then sold it.

yeah.... i say **** graphics. gameplay and functionality is where it's at. my friend said "your not a gamer" because i don't see a console having the best graphics as being the winner of the console war..... (how could you when the PS3 has less than half the sales of the Wii)..... and that i don't consider graphics when i choose my games. If you have to go with the best possible graphics in EVERYTHING you do.... then by that definition.... NOBODY is a gamer, because every gamer has at LEAST one classic game they love to play. Hell, he even loves to play PacMan.

on the flipside of that.... look at Gears of War. yeah, it sold a lot of copies... big whoop. lots of people still say it's the same typical FPS with a fancy new look, gameplay mechanics..... but the multiplayer completely blows because it turns into a rush for the sniper rifles.

like Vanq said..... we have our PC's for killer graphics. consoles are meant to be fun to play, and especially fun to play with friends. In that regard i think Wii truely does win hands down. PS3 has tilt sensing.... but it doesn't compete with full range motion sensing. It also has BluRay and 1080p output..... but like the dude behind MGS4 said.... by the time you get the high quality dolby surround soundtrack, highly detailed models/terrain/vehicles/etc..., and all that other crap on there, you could make a game look just as good in a lower resolution with a regular DVD.

yeah.... i say **** graphics. gameplay and functionality is where it's at. my friend said "your not a gamer" because i don't see a console having the best graphics as being the winner of the console war..... (how could you when the PS3 has less than half the sales of the Wii)..... and that i don't consider graphics when i choose my games. If you have to go with the best possible graphics in EVERYTHING you do.... then by that definition.... NOBODY is a gamer, because every gamer has at LEAST one classic game they love to play. Hell, he even loves to play PacMan.

on the flipside of that.... look at Gears of War. yeah, it sold a lot of copies... big whoop. lots of people still say it's the same typical FPS with a fancy new look, gameplay mechanics..... but the multiplayer completely blows because it turns into a rush for the sniper rifles.

like Vanq said..... we have our PC's for killer graphics. consoles are meant to be fun to play, and especially fun to play with friends. In that regard i think Wii truely does win hands down. PS3 has tilt sensing.... but it doesn't compete with full range motion sensing. It also has BluRay and 1080p output..... but like the dude behind MGS4 said.... by the time you get the high quality dolby surround soundtrack, highly detailed models/terrain/vehicles/etc..., and all that other crap on there, you could make a game look just as good in a lower resolution with a regular DVD.
Yeah.
If i ever move to get a blu-ray player and they are still expensive ill get the ps3, other than that, nope :)
I didnt like gears of war.
I thought it was the same old game and to be honest, i thought the graphics were not good at all.
My view is skewed after playing cod2 on my pc.

or playing anything on the pc, is so far ahead of the consoles that its pointless to even compare in a yr or so, all the consoles including the ps3 will lag far behind graphically.

well.... it depends. some games on Consoles do look pretty damn good..... but it takes a special game on PC to make it look top-notch. Crysis might just be that "special game", or BioShock. HellGate: London is lookin kinda good too.... but i don't know how i feel about the whole FPSRPG or RPGFPS...whatever you wanna call it.

well.... it depends. some games on Consoles do look pretty damn good..... but it takes a special game on PC to make it look top-notch. Crysis might just be that "special game", or BioShock. HellGate: London is lookin kinda good too.... but i don't know how i feel about the whole FPSRPG or RPGFPS...whatever you wanna call it.
Call of duty 2 looks better than cod3 on the ps3.

there are plenty of examples of these games.

deux ex
vampire bloodlines and masquarade

..... ok so just two that i remember, but there must be others.

Some of the most fun aspects of gaming don't involve how good a game looks... it's all about playing with people and beating them.. and gaining those bragging rights.. it's about being able to get instant gratification when you do a 180 turn and squeeze off a head shot and being able to look across the room at the person you just wacked and gloat.. Or in sports games when you manage to just pummel your unsuspecting opponent and being able to look over and gloat..

The Wii invites people to come over and play and get involved in the game.. can't go wrong with that :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back