Post Your Case

Why do you hate Sony VAIO Desktops?
I think they're pretty good performance-wise.

just the fact that my drives seemed to be kinda tortured when i bought mine. was a PCV-RX 540 or somethin like that. Celeron 1.2. Pioneer 16x DVD-ROM drive, worked very well, but seemed like Sony tore it apart just to put a big hunkin plate on the front of the drive to make it streamlined with the front of the case. Also the fact that it had a 60GB hard drive, but was only a 5,400 RPM drive which didn't help performance at all. And also that they were unable to tell me how many watts the power supply was that is in it. Lost a perfectly good GeForce 4 Ti 4200 to that damn thing. think it wasn't running with enough power, and eventually the card just died. woke up one morning with a bunch of pink and black squares all over the screen, and it didn't go away even after reboots.

Edit: ok.... i just took the power supply completely out of the mounting bracket, and there is where i found the VERY tiny lable on the drive. 159W power supply. yep, that's prolly why the card died.

Edit #2: now, i looked at the requirements for the card. Minimum of a 350W power supply required. :eek: yep, WAY off

ED couldn't you just pop the PSU out and take a look at it?

t3kNo* said:
:p yeah it kinda is. though i need to get something softer.. hehe
Well if you do and need someone to take your current one of your hands I suppose I could do it *cough*for free*cough*. ;)

I'll give ya $5.00 Dollars.
whistle.gif

mmm... ur colours are more consistent and it looks nicer that way though punk ><

Nice goodies... all of you. :)

I am in the process of doing the case side door/panel mod. It is a biohazard cut-out that I am doing. I will have a thin sheet of plexyglass behind it (glued in, not screws and it's shape does not allow for a seal around the edge like other larger window panel mods). Then my EL cable illumination will glow through. I may put in a cold cathode tube also... maybe. I will post when done (gonna take at least three days for cutting smoothing/finishing and plexyglass install).

Thanx dreamliner, I wish it would stay that organized longer....but there's no place like home though is there?

In case anyone is interested, *mad dash for the door ensues*:p this is what I've done so far to the side door. Man I wish I had a plasma cutter. :( The old fashion way of layout, drill, cut, grind and file is a bitch. Last pic is today. I should be done this Saturday.

Thing is I am now thinking of leaving it open, without a plexiglass backing. Could get more air circulation. Could also hear more noise from fans. Any thoughts on this by anyone would be nice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back