Pope John Paul II was given the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church late Thursday

Re: Pope John Paul II was given the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church late Thur

jimi_81 said:
i said 35000+ people surrounding a man who was a nobody is morbid.

Then tell me, who is 'somebody' ? Are you?

I'm not Catholic - I'm just appalled at some of the reactions I'm seeing. I care this much ------ as to whatever happens in the Vatican and the Catholic church from a personal perspective. The guy died - he has an important and revered figure for the Catholic church, and he was somewhat revolutionary and open minded, as far as a pope can possibly go. Hey - give the man , or at least the people that held and hold him in high regard, etc, a little respect, will ya?

It's easy to be a cross between a mule and a horse.

is it true for catholics that the pope represents the person closest to god? i just find that um...interesting...

Re: Pope John Paul II was given the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church late Thur

Nick M said:
Then tell me, who is 'somebody' ? Are you?

I'm not Catholic - I'm just appalled at some of the reactions I'm seeing. I care this much ------ as to whatever happens in the Vatican and the Catholic church from a personal perspective. The guy died - he has an important and revered figure for the Catholic church, and he was somewhat revolutionary and open minded, as far as a pope can possibly go. Hey - give the man , or at least the people that held and hold him in high regard, etc, a little respect, will ya?

It's easy to be a cross between a mule and a horse.

I think you completely misunderstood jimi's post. He said it would be strange to hold a vigil for a random guy, but since this isn't a random guy it's understandable.

vivid_vibe said:
I think you completely misunderstood jimi's post. He said it would be strange to hold a vigil for a random guy, but since this isn't a random guy it's understandable.

If that's what he meant, then it is certainly my error and I apologize. I'm on attack mode today :eek:gre:

Nick M said:
If that's what he meant, then it is certainly my error and I apologize. I'm on attack mode today :eek:gre:
Yeah I believe thats what he was trying to say as well. He tried to fix it after Lee said basically the same as you, but did it w/out success I think. :p

What is it about religion that turns people aggressive?? :speechless:

Evil Marge said:
What is it about religion that turns people aggressive?? :speechless:
Good question. :ermm:

prodj88 said:
is it true for catholics that the pope represents the person closest to god? i just find that um...interesting...

He is the Church's representative head (Christ's representative on Earth I believe) and successor to St. Peter who Christ personally chose to lead the Church after he died (It's somewhere in the Gospels. The passage begins something like "You are Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church").

(see ppl I haven't forgotten all 12 years of catholic school yet)

May God rest his soul.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back