Please sign this petition

Will the laws there allow for the victim to file an additional civil suit for damages? Or is there some statute of limitations that prevent it from happening? Juries have a keen way of finding justice in the end. Sadly, in the case of an act of rape, nothing will ever restore things back to what they were.

Unwonted said:
Sadly, in the case of an act of rape, nothing will ever restore things back to what they were.

So sadly f***ing true :mad:

rotjong

My take on this...I think the petitions creator(s) are trying to make the point that if this guy can't obey societies rules, then he shouldn't be able to reap societies benefits, such as the lottery. I also agree, however, that the criteria for who should and shouldn't be allowed to participate in such things will be difficult to administer.

While on temporary realease from prison a prisoner is not allowed to enter a pub and is not allowed to gamble.
The lotto is classed as a game so he didn't break any rules

We can all argue the toss till we're blue in the face.

As a feminist I would like to know why a man can get 10 years for rape, then found innocent why don't the woman/or man that made the accusation and proved a liar don't get 10 years also?

Uk has to get rid of the 'human rights act' We need to get rid of PC brigades, we need to close religious schools, we need to lock up people for the full term of their sentence in a single cell with just a matteress, a cover a bucket , no tv, no snooker, no outside visits, no 3 meals a day, just basic rations, bread, water, and suppliments and sell their property like their belongings and their homes to pay the cost of their residency in JAIL!

Evil Marge said:
While on temporary realease from prison a prisoner is not allowed to enter a pub and is not allowed to gamble.
The lotto is classed as a game so he didn't break any rules
I didn't mean to come across like I was accusing him of breaking rules, just my view of the actual message the petition is trying to make. Obvoiusly, I don't live in the UK and don't really know the full story, so I most likely am talking out my you-know-what! :rolleyes:

Lee said:
Uk has to get rid of the 'human rights act' We need to get rid of PC brigades, we need to close religious schools, we need to lock up people for the full term of their sentence in a single cell with just a matteress, a cover a bucket , no tv, no snooker, no outside visits, no 3 meals a day, just basic rations, bread, water, and suppliments and sell their property like their belongings and their homes to pay the cost of their residency in JAIL!
Now that I can agree with! The US really needs to do the same. We let the dregs of society play our weakness for morals and human rights against us. Time to reign that in for our own good.

Well I am repeating myself again, 'he took his chances he placed his monies and won fair-n-square'. Amanda go find out how many other criminals have won the lotto.

Most of them have criminal records for one-thing-or-another. Drugs, theft, rape, muggings, cheating the benfit system etc.

Maybe not relevant, do you remember when the first big payout happened 10 years gao, 17.5 million won by a Muslim and how people moaned about them winning it, their families bitching over the money other Muslims moaning they break Islamic rules gambling, people saying that immigrants should not play the lottery etc. Who should win, in my opinion the ones that pick the right numbers.

I know a man on the internet I have known him from playing games at yahoo and about 10 years ago he won the state lottery, he won millions. He to me is the nicest guy I came across at yahoo.

If you won it Amanda I would bitch you and send you begging letters:) Like I would like you to do to me.

ThePatriot said:
Now that I can agree with! The US really needs to do the same. We let the dregs of society play our weakness for morals and human rights against us. Time to reign that in for our own good.

Yeah, the US system is so... lovely. We have too many mandatory sentences for drug-related crimes among others. Our prisons are over-crowded as is the entire judicial system. So what do we do? We release pedophiles, rapists, or murders to open room for that person arrested with 1 pound of pot. All in the name of safety to society. Yep, it makes so much sense.

Where are the mandatory sentences for pedophiles, rapists and murderers? I won't be holding my beath to see them in my own lifetime.

rotjong

Paedophiles should be given life and never released into society ever.

ThePatriot said:
I didn't mean to come across like I was accusing him of breaking rules, just my view of the actual message the petition is trying to make. Obvoiusly, I don't live in the UK and don't really know the full story, so I most likely am talking out my you-know-what! :rolleyes:
Nah I didn't think that,I just posted what I'd read :D

What really gets me Lee it's the fact that a rapist who got a life sentence is wandering the street after serviing 15 year.
He's nothing but an animal :mad:

When someone commits a crime, they should lose their right to playing a game funded by the honest, hard working citizens of the United Kingdom.

Who said people that commit a crime don't put money into the lottery?
Obvously the criminal that won it did. :rolleyes:

Amanda he's scum, Animals don't behave in that manner. If I could trust the British justice system I would hang him. Noose him up baby.

so someone commits a crime, then shouldnt be allowed to take part in lottery etc. that b.s. it just sounds like people want to better the odds of them winning. This is possibly the most stupid petition i have ever seen

i agree as well

You people don't even know most of the facts, and your screaming that he should be killed.
Gotta love human beings :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back