Please sign this petition

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by dmuk, Aug 13, 2004.

1. dmuk

dmuk OSNN One Post Wonder

2. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

only for residents of the UK or I would have signed

3. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

4. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

Does this actually have any effect on what has happened?

5. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Stranger Than Kindness Political User

Even if I could I wouldn't sign this.

6. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

7. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Nope and the Home Office has said that there is nothing that can be done to stop him claiming the money.

8. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

so someone commits a crime, then shouldnt be allowed to take part in lottery etc. that b.s. it just sounds like people want to better the odds of them winning. This is possibly the most stupid petition i have ever seen

9. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Seconded.

10. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

thirded...

11. Evil Marge

Never mind the money,he should be looked up for life.He got a life sentence but how 15 year is life is beyond me :rolleyes:

12. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

But when they say criminal record, do they mean for any crime (such as speeding?) or only serious ones?

13. rotjong

rotjong Moderator

This is really what makes it an issue for me, IMO. The idiot should still be in jail and if he was then he couldn't have purchased and won said lottery. I don't however agree that simply because someone committed a crime that they should forever be unable to purchase a lottery ticket.

It's sad when someone who has done something so blatantly wrong is essentially pampered by a system that functions wrongly and releases the jerk. Go one step further and he's now won money to help subsidize a worthless life.

The woman he raped should be getting the money and he should be shot.

rotjong

14. rushm001

Some of the quotes on there are good![​IMG]

15. rotjong

rotjong Moderator

From what is written in the petition there is no clear definition of the meaning. One part mentions having a criminal record and another mentions being an ex-convict. Having a criminal record and being an ex-convict are not always one and the same. As such I wouldn't sign it even if I could.

rotjong

16. Evil Marge

Good post rotjong,he commited his first sexual offence when he was 14,obviously this guy is deranged.

17. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I was going to write a heap of stuff earlier about this but had to flip.

They say this 'The British justice system is the best in the World' boll0cks to that indeed.

You only have to read the 'Times' Justice reports week in week out to see it's full of loopholes and is not water tight ever.

He was in a halfway house pending being released into the community. Well he was entitled to buy it, even when he was on the run in the 80's he scooped 20k on the premium bonds.

I wonder if he has the cheque yet.

They only locked him back upto stop him leaving the country. he won fair n square (even though I signed the petition against him) I still feel he has the right to keep the money.

It's the law makers and Politicians that need locking up, they allowed this crap to happen.

I might send him a begging letter, I could do with 50k to get rid of some bad debts we have.

I won't say gl to him, just he proved what a schmuck the legal justice system is in the UK.

18. rushm001

Good post Lee. I agree he won it fair and square, it just shows that life isn't fair.

It's like those people who saved all of their lives so that they can have a nice retirement have to pay in full for things like rates etc, but those who blew the lot and didn't save a penny get state aid and rate discounts. It's nor fair!!

19. Evil Marge

He was in a halfway house only 10 minutes drive from me

20. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Well If I went to public school and Cambridge or Oxford, then I think I might have a chance in politics.
    We need a military coup in this country to clean it up and put these criminals away for the duration.

I could talk about it for weeks if not months, I have no affiliation to any Political party I just getting sick and tired of the Politicians doing sweet fa to help the honest man/woman/child live a decent life.

Animals are treated better here than humans.