#osnn IRC channel (irc.freenode.net)

Re: #osnn IRC channel

HMMmmmm if you really feel so have some other Elite member hook up via an IM (hoping you CAN manage that :p!) and talk you through getting IRC to work - then write one for the site....

I reckon googling IRC or the mIRC help pages should give you all you need honestly though...

And if not there's always the Java applet from the front page - worked last time I used it, but I guess might need tweaking with the DNS issues going on (anyway if you can't manage that even then I give up all hope!)

I use trillian, thus i tried to do it through than, when i put osnn's address in (the one u told me to use) it didnt work. Then i tried here and it didnt work. I went to mIRC and it simply looks to shifty for me :)

Vanquished said:
... I went to mIRC and it simply looks to shifty for me :)
the channel or the client :p Seriously though, there's nothing shifty about mIRC, if you want to try shifty then IM access to IRC (like Trillian or GAIM) is what I would call shifty... or you can try the Windows port of Xchat if you really want shifty....

If you are more comfortable with Java-based I could commend Jiirc to you - used that once for some reason and it does work (just not as well as mIRC IMHO).

Believe me things were getting busy in #OSNN today - five people in the channel and Khayman spoke two words! :p

What port does the server work on?

MFG just ignored me, like a mofo:p

I dont necessarily like JAVA, applications... they seem to freeze up on me. How can you say that trillian is shifty, the program is amazing and friendly.
When i said that MIRC seemed shifty i was mainly commenting on the website, it seemed like a one man shoe, not a company...

mIRC is one of the best Internet applications ever produced.

I think so too, I mean I use it on my windows system. Cant say anything else works as well on the win32 platform.

Electronic Punk said:
will pester x-istence to see if we can make irc.osnn.net a proper server, would be nice.

Will that make it easier for the web-based java app?

I am sure that would bring a lot more traffic, if people could just log in from there.

right now I think irc.osnn.net just cnames to irc.squeaknet.net which is of course dead at the moment. If it was its own server, then yeah the Java app would have an easier time connecting. If you do go ahead with that let me know and I can link up another couple of servers.

Mainframeguy said:
Believe me things were getting busy in #OSNN today - five people in the channel and Khayman spoke two words! :p
Back in the XP-erience days we would have 30 to 40 people on at any given time...not counting all t3h b0ts. We also had stat spam wars...twas fun.

xsivforce said:
Back in the XP-erience days we would have 30 to 40 people on at any given time...not counting all t3h b0ts. We also had stat spam wars...twas fun.
Those days are gone, never to be seen again :(

They could be back...or a semblance of. If people turned up

also, back in those days we actualy did support in there, since XP was new.

Perhaps vista will reawaken? you'll need to read up on it :p

Sounds like a good idea Khayman; we really could do with irc being a little more... full :p

irc used to be heaving, but then ppl left!

still a few of us in there, and long convo's do go on!

think pushing the java apllet would encourage ppl

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back