OSNN Firewall Poll

What Firewall do you use?

• Total voters
Zone Alarm for me, although I acknowledge both Kerio and Sygate.

Zone Alarm Pro! Not a resourse hog and has mobile support for my laptop, detects new networks and ask to set permissions!

At home: D-Link DI-704P NAT router and Kerio Personal Firewall 4
At uni: Kerio Personal Firewall 4

I have a Linksys Router but it bypasses to my bsd firewall and it finally hits the web server.

I used to use Zone Alarm, but after a while it forgot ALL of it's settings and refused to remember them ever again. Unistalled, and I just sit behind my Linksys router/firewall now.

Zone Alarm Pro and SMC router.

So far I izz a happy camper. :)

Zonealarm seems fine by me. I have a NAT in the router, but hey I'm paranoid...

I have zone alarm pro but i use Norton... I am considering a switch back to ZA cause to me Norton hogs alot of resources on my system... ZA was alittle more jumpy to when it came to alerts.. i guess i had the settings up to high or something..

3com Router (hardware Firewalll)
zone alarm pro for added backup
:)

I use iptables on a Slackware box. I have used Mcafee Firewall in the past though and it worked really well for me.

Firewalls.

Hi All,
I'm using EzeeAmor at the mo,Firewall and anti-virus in one.I think most companies are doing a good job as they all want to be the best and that can't be a bad thing.I still find it a bit worrying that there are some still without a firewall.If your behind a router OK but I wonder whether this is the case with some.They don't seem to get the message until too late.A friend of mine was recently in this position.XP Firewall is OK but it is limited.
The things that happen now it doesn't pay to be without.
Don't post much,greetings for a good new year to all.
George.

Zone Alarm - free version. With using MyIe and having a Netgear MR814 Wireless nat router with a built in firewall I don't need the advanced featured ones, it's useless to have the web features and pop up stopper ones when MyIe already has them interated..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back