Open Source Software for Windows

Originally posted by chaos945
Anyone got an good opensource firewall for windows NT/XP?

I found this one, anyone tried it?

Haven't ever tried that. There are a few other freeware (although not open source) firewalls available that work quite well.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Nice site! :cool:
I just found out about Audacity there. I'm giving it a spin now. :)

Thanks for the merge. Hey, I posted a thread on Audacity not too long ago in the great coathanger007 update thread train :)

Hope no one has posted this before:
Mambo Open Source is the finest open source Web Content Management System available today. Mambo Open Source makes communicating via the Web easy.
Have you always wanted to have your own site but never understood how? Well Mambo Open Source is just the ticket!

With Mambo Open Source there is no need for HTML, XML or DHTML skills, just enter your content, add a picture and then through the easy to use administrator web-interface ...click Publish!

Simple ... Quick ... And easy!

With the in-built editor Mambo Open Source allows you to design and create your content without the need for HTML code. Maintaining a website has never been easier.

http://www.mamboserver.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=34

Mambo Open Source grows from strength to strength everyday. Below are just some of the features available today.

Licensed under the GNU/GPL.
The easiest to use CMS there is. Most users can pick up the interface with little or no training. This means you or your users can be maintaining the site right away. If you can use a web browser, you can use Mambo Open Source.
Inline WYSIWYG content editors. Mambo Open Source uses HTMLArea. There is now support for the latest BETA of HTMLArea3.
Simple template engine for maximum layout flexibility.
Many built-in modules and components are included
Highly configurable newsfeed system
RSS Syndicated News
Banner Management System
Newsflashes
Mass mailing to registered users
WebLink Manager
Database Backup and Restore
System Statistics (Browser & OS)
Built in Administration Help System
Easy administration of site wide images
Content Archiving
Content Versioning
Automatic publishing and expiration support of content based on date
Metadata support
Integrated search engine.
Support for over 20 languages
Template management system allows for quick and powerful page layout changes.
Package management system for modules and components
Flexible, Mambo Open Source 4.5 should run under any web server, on any operating system that supports PHP and MySQL.
Modular design so the code is easy to update, change, and replace.

Originally posted by coathanger007
Oops, that's the comparison between previous versions. There has been some obvious copycatting by OpenOffice - that's a pity for innovation but a benefit for Opensource :( :)

No, they are taking options out of StarOffice and adding them to OpenOffice.

hehe, I see everyone has got the Open-Source fever! :D

Thats really good y'know. Supports the open-source dev. and at the same time diss M$ and their buddies.

;)

Still waiting for an open-source Outlook alternative...an all-in-one PIM.
That will be the day :)

*chokes to death and falls of chair* How dare you blaspheme like that!!!!!! :p

OpenOffice is an excellent example of Open Source Software. My favorite office software and it's free. Also, reads all MS Office files.

got it...very smoothe

just what does ms office have that this open application does not have?

it's pretty darned neat, that's for sure

one thing that amazes me is that it tries to start with windows just like the ms office does...I'm surprised in an open source app, the default is to not have it start with windows

also, is there anyway to get outlook to recognize the spell checker in this app like it does with the ms word?

thanx in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back