Off-topic; PHP problems

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Hi,

I browsed through some forums trying to find a solution to my problem but none have worked so far. I installed PhPnuke, and I set up the database on mysql. I get the first page fine, and I get the admin.php page, but on this page after filling in the form and pressing submit, I just get the same page again.

I tried directly entering a super-user in the database, in which case I get a page with admin-ID and password but despite my giving the correct login / pw I just get the same login page again (no error or message saying wrong PW)

I have made sure all the access rights on my files/directories are correct. I have checked that phpnuke is correctly accessing the database (ie is connected and seems to query correctly, since it detects the fact the nuke_authors table is empty or not)

The rest of the site does not work yet and gives me a page with just 'sorry you can't access this file directly...' but I assume that is because I have not set up a super-user.

Does anyone have a solution?

Regards,

Lukas

Sounds like it is either not updating the files properly or the cookies are not being removed

try this

Load ie and goto

tools->internet options->settings->tick the every visit to the page box if that doesnt work try

tools->internet options->delete cookies & delete files make sure you tick the delete all offline files box

NOTE this will erase cookies and you will have to re login

hope this helps

Deathy

or if you like you can e-mail me at terosity@yahoo.co.uk and i can help you setup i will require access levels temp but once the site is up and running you can remove me.

i also forgot to mention that you have to logout of admin and normal accounts before you can relogin with differnet account

Deathy

First and foremost, I think PHPNUKE is over rated and it is much better to start from scratch. In my opinion it makes your life much easier if you design your site to include exactly what you want it to include.

However, if you insist on using PHPNUKE, they do offer a great website for technical support concerning PHPNUKE/PHP issues. Follow the link below:

www.nukesupport.com
www.nukeforums.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back