NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as soon as my lab has internet connectivity, those will be folding too. There are 4 PCs in there, all dual core P4s. So that should help a little bit.

I hope so, I just have to wait for IT to get on the ball

If they are HT or Dual Core rigs, you better fold on both :devious:

I am going to do a complete re-format tomorrow, need to clean up some stuff on my system.

It'll throw me behind the curve a little but that's kewl :)

Once back, I'll be happy enough with my dual-console's running.

I just installed a c-7700 CU and a VF 700 CU from Zalman along with some arctic silver.

I'll start a thread on that in a few.

We are doing well now - averaging 93K per week.
That means our next target is to get an average (and stay) over 100K per week.
The new rigs I see everyone talking about should get us there, but we all need to maintain and push up to the next level.
WE CAN DO IT!

My new computer at work, a Dell with a Celeron 2.53GHz, seems a little faster than my old machine, a Dell with a 1.7GHz. In the switchover, I didn't lose any WU's.

sharob said:
We are doing well now - averaging 93K per week.
That means our next target is to get an average (and stay) over 100K per week.
The new rigs I see everyone talking about should get us there, but we all need to maintain and push up to the next level.
WE CAN DO IT!

You must be using that crazy Australian counting system, because I only see 13K a week.

sharob said:
More likely he'll speed up now !
nah.. actually I took a near 24 hour folding holiday whilst my sister visited, since she prefered the rigs powered down (guest bedroom = office).... ;)

then again.... I do have a the old Winchester 3500 rigged and ready to fold on the kitchen table - just need to figure the wireless PCI card to operate under XP 64 and then that one should get folding.... so yeah longer term I do not plan on reducing my output :p

Back up and running, both cores running console only now so I don't have to think about it :cool:

Brad said:
You must be using that crazy Australian counting system, because I only see 13K a week.

NAH, 13K is the 24hr average.
You may need to clean out your eyeballs!

122 Degrees CPU and I just turned on the A/C. 102 Degrees outside. 100 Degrees case temp.

Too noisy and warm for me.

My thoughts exactly. 100's in MAY!!!!!

Too ****ling hot for this penguin

Anyone else fold offline and use "connect" dialog?

Until I'm moved to 24Mb ISP I'm one IP short and so my laptop is sharing with my latest rig and I thought I had it covered when I ran the -config on the lappie to ensure it should not drop a WU - unfortunately I just swapped the IP's over and tried and it did not send, only collected, losing previous WU.

Dialog pop ups were there - just did not help :(

Maybe it was just the first one because I run service and did not stop/start it on -config so it made a series of attempts to send offline before shutting down - but if anyone else does this the info would save me a few lost WU's...

Oh and Brad - when that lab comes online fifth place will be yours in weeks I'm certain! I've got my work cut out just holding off Sharob....

Steevo said:
...Too ****ling hot for this penguin

Don't use the P word or we'll have that friggin team penguin in here :speechless: Then again - if we get team p*****n folding it'd be a tiny addition I guess.... :p

posts merged - kcnychief

Last edited by a moderator:
Mainframeguy said:
Oh and Brad - when that lab comes online fifth place will be yours in weeks I'm certain! I've got my work cut out just holding off Sharob........

I'm sure trying to make it as hard for you as I can. I'll also try to make it tough for Brad to pass us! If we fold more, he'll have to fold even harder to pass us........ We may still fail but it will be so much fun.:yowch:

It speeds up, plus you can change usage settings and other features.

After the first WU, the next ones will be easier to gauge for the servers based on your folding rate :)

My Client doesnt appear to be updating, I have completed 4/5 WU but the personal details havnt changed? Is there anything I can do without losing the current work... Im using the Win32 system service and CLI client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back