NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
kcnychief said:
Just turn the machine on at home and let it fold, your electric bill will thank you :p
With the rigs you guys are running, I wouldn't even make a dent with that ol' 1.4 Thunderbird.

xsivforce said:
With the rigs you guys are running, I wouldn't even make a dent with that ol' 1.4 Thunderbird.

It would do some good, anything helps.

done, but you aren't supposed to ask for it :p

Brad said:
It would do some good, anything helps.
yeah - I once had a pIII folding - in fact it was the most reliable - never missed a WU (just took a week or so to get around to posting them :lick:)

Oh and by teh way can we get back on topic (no more Elvis butt please :dead:)

I had a great day yesterday too, submitted 772. My highest yet.

Yep, the first machine I had folding was a PIII and from what I remember it was reliable.

My desktop at home is on break from folding for now. I have had some problem with my room reaching temperatures of over 28 C when Folding, when not folding it stays at the more comfortable 21 C, even that is a bit much, but that is because of the fact that I have one machine in my closet still folding, if I turn that off, temp goes down to the reasonable 19 C, but only if I also turn off the Toshiba laptop, which when not even in use is warm to the touch.

no Sazar - I think he means the ambient temps! I can relate to this, this room with an a 4200x2 and an XP3000+, dual head 19" TFT and 19" CRT is noticeably the warmest in the place, especially if I shut the door.... He'd need to invest in A/C I reckon!

Just placed this order (well actually the order kind of grew a bit from there ;))which should mean my Winchester 3500 gets back to folding when I've got it all together and installed XP x64 - anyone here folding under x64 by the way? Curious if it all runs OK (believe there is no 64 bit client, but that this should represent no problem to my running Folding in 32 but mode)

I wonder if we folded in 64bit mode if we could get more production?

Mainframeguy said:
no Sazar - I think he means the ambient temps! I can relate to this, this room with an a 4200x2 and an XP3000+, dual head 19" TFT and 19" CRT is noticeably the warmest in the place, especially if I shut the door.... He'd need to invest in A/C I reckon!

I... was... kidding...

:)

I find that the client's accuracy to finish a work unit slightly... wrong. For example, I started a Gromac Core yesterday - The time estimated for completion is June the 6th, however I am now at 77% so it will obviously be somewhat quicker than that.

Is this a bug with the Windows Service client, or just the fact that because of the PC's varying state it cant narrow down completion times much further?

the latter I believe Sean - it seems to estimate conservatively (to say the least!) and gets more accurate the closer you are to completion.

My office and the bedroom was switched just for the cool reason. And the office was bigger than the bedroom. Nothing wrong with that I tried to tell her.........

But, the room stays noticably warmer than the rest of the house. Almost 6 deg F.

This summer no A/C for that room either. So watch the temps fly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back