NvNews + OSNN + SP Folding Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Close, restart the app, should work.

I had that issue for a few weeks, which is why my output dipped.
Tried that. Rebooted the machine too. Still won't go through.
I'll try again tomorrow. It did manage to pick up two new WU's, so it's working on those in the meantime. :)

Still can't submit. Looks like my 24 hr average is going to take a big dip over the next few days. =\
Hopefully the queued units will submit eventually though...

Mine kinda went all over the place for a week or two and then fixed itself.

Manually close and then manually restart the F@h app/s and see if that helps.

For teh noobs.

PUT THE FRIGGIN BADGE ON.

That is all.

:cool:

Accept my request to join the group then, biatch. Also my first WU will be done in another 36 hours.

Then I will no longer be a folding virgin.

Thanks to all who fold. It takes all to climb the ladder.

give it time - there's kind of a lag on the averages and once you get above a certain number of CPU's there's a lot of chance in timings of when the results file etc etc - you can skew things if you want to take time with dual boot rigs letting them get close to completing a unit then swapping to get another one nearly done etc etc but I don;t think there's much point in that - probably you are suffering like all of us from downtime on servers handing out and taking in units - eventually you'll rise again....

Oh don't worry, as soon as I get back on the East Coast I will resume chugging :D

You guys seen this before? :p

Should be done in 3 years.

Attachments

• fah.JPG
    fah.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 90
The speed of your folding is directly proportional to the size of teh weiner.

By definition, ejn's weiner is other-worldly.

Your's is still being searched for by electron microscopes :cool:

Seriously though, every little bit counts, don't despair.

Well now my weiner is expanding...going at 7.5 seconds per frame, meaning 50,000 points in 4 days.

Craziness, it might cause a hole in the time space continuum.

Something I have just discovered that is no doubt contributing to my irregular average - a couple of machines I have installed folding on have somehow fetched up with the service installed more than once (up to FOUR times in one case!) - each of these instances will show from MSCONFIG. They do not always seem to run at once, but in at least two cases there are two WU's running on a single core system. I would nto choose to do this, but am letting them go for now.

So a couple of things really - anyone else found this and have any idea how it comes about? And how to fix it (beyond disabling from MSCONFIG, I mean the commands to take out the service completely).

I'd like to get a handle on this - because I do have an X2 as well and in that case there is only one service and I start up a DOS command to fold on the second CPU! So it seems like sods law - I have mutliples running on my single cores, and not on my multi!

I noticed this when I found I was running 3 units on my DC system.

F@H has a tendency to go fubar if you don't do things just right, so I went through and deleted everything, then re-installed everything and made very sure that I named and setup each WU separately so that there would be no problems.

Took longer but finally I don't have to worry about some of the apps running randomly and others not. Everything works as it should now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back