nvidia ti4600

hahahah... Newbie.. rriigghhtt.. get a life my friend
- Mike

eh? I thought xp got faster with regular use as the file indexing or wotever started placing files for easy access???

what you might really need is basically something that does the job of a defragmenter.. such as norton's cleansweep...

I reformat after major hardware changes... but I haven't done so in a few months and my computer is no slower now than before because I keep wiping out the old stuff... yeah so I might have obsolete registry entires and so on... but the computer is not suffering a hit in performance.. it loads up fast as before and it is not really any slower on the whole..

you SURE its the best thing to keep formatting? I dont have the half hour/hour it takes to format and then the time to install drivers for all my stuff...

but to each their own.. :) I suppose it works for some people

BAH

meh i can't be bothered starting a flameathon war...
if u've got a lot of time on ur hands use dejav00's formatting policy :D

It doesn't take time unless you're on your computer 24/7.

Turn format on before you go to bed.

Put XP CD in before you go to work.

Let it do it's thing.

Click Next until it quits.

Eat Dinner.

Come Back and install drivers if XP doesn't support your hardware.

Takes a whole cumulative 5 minutes...

lol

LOL and you call that flaming you>>>?? lolol I never said you dont know what your talking about but its easy to see you dont know what your talking about .........go ahead and format all you like thats all you have to worry about anyway's god forbid you get 5 fps less after 3 weeks LOLOLOL

re

well maybe you have other problems ....... anyhow to each his own I say ......... and ps I was not flaming you ........but I could :D

well format is extreme just because the guy wants to install a vid card duhhhhhhhh ......... seems only you and your bud like to play fomat me over and over ............. I guess your a little sensitive when it comes to reading posts ......... try another pusher your a little too paranoid there catch

now now little man when you have to fight in a post LOLOL

no sorry I would not change mb/cpu and keep same os

when did I say I would? ......... and oh if you cant change a vid card or a piece of hardware without formatting you are the one in need of some info......... I am sure its the pot your smoking that makes your machine seem slower after you change anything your just a little paranoid there bonghead......... really try another pusher lolol

talk about learning to read ......... when did I say I would keep same os after changing mb? your an idiot catch

all you see is all you want to see ........ your still upset from the toasting you took when you started flaming ATI the other day

I never said I would keep the same os ........ when I make a major change I format ........ a vid card is not a major change

and no I wont waste hours benchmarking over and over I just keep playing my games and see that I am running strong ........ If I see a problem with my speed I fix it without formatting

guess you have not figured out how to keep a machine running smooth without formatting.........

and you were the one who started the name calling and flaming I said formatting for a vid card was extreme and it is

so piss off .......... oh I see you live in your mother's home town

i da ho

hahahha

thats right idiot you said I was dumb enough not to

proves my point

and like I said your just sore over the ATI forum the other day and now your acting out

grow up catch you took what I said to the heart

formatting for a vid card is extrme now piss off little man

well if you say so

there you can have last word

and yes I called you an idiot after you jumped all over saying I did not know what I was talking about and that I was dumb and bla bla and whatever

yo momma is da ho

c ya piss off all ready

lol

no sorry wrong again catch

born in Nottingham .......... living in Manchester and Derby

moved to Canada which by the way has been voted best country to live in for the last 7-8 years IN A ROW by the united whatever the hell it was counsil ................so again you just continue to presume things about people without taking the time to use whats left off your brain after all those bong hits eh

LOLOL just keep walking catch ....... or should I say keep chasin ya tail thats all you been doing anyhow

You both need to grow up and take the flaming somewhere else.

Sheesh Kermit...omg...yeah...5 FPS after 3 weeks, well, guess what?

let's take your formula over a span of 18 weeks...lesse here...

18 divided by 3=6

6 multiplied by 5=30

So...after 18 weeks, according to your formula, I would be have lost 30 FPS

FYI, that IS alot

And FYI, If you notice, the longer and longer you keep XP without re-formatting, the longer and longer it takes for IE, and other WINDOWS based programs to load...

Now, do us all a favor Kermit, ad go buy a Dell

Reformatting will ALWAYS give you better performance than you had pre-format and it is true that systems will bog down after time. So its really just a question of "Best performance-vs-having to re-install all your programs/games"

This computers OS was installed 46w 4h 32m 32s ago and i'm using 90.32 gigs of my 120GB HD (mostly installed games/backed up CD images). I do notice a slightly lower performance than when i got the computer (i have yet to format this computer) but i am not quite ready to purge this beauitful computer :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back