Mozilla: Firebird

Originally posted by punkandacoke
btw. i know i only have four posts.

Ya wanna have none?

Be polite and DO NOT FLAME :D

thank you

Originally posted by gonaads
Now the question I have is what will happen to IE in the form of functionality if and when MicroSquish does tweek IE because of this:

From front page news article:

http://www.ntfs.org/comments.php?catid=1&id=7597

Will IE still perform as it does or will it hinder the way it functions?

If i read it correctly, this will totally change the way it works. So we might see some good improvements.

the thing is. for every feature that is improved or added, there will be six problems, security issues, annoying features....etc

just a thought. not flaming.
an opinion. happy.

Originally posted by X-Istence
If i read it correctly, this will totally change the way it works. So we might see some good improvements.

Yeah but then they'll just go out and buy someone elses sorce code and... Ooooh wait! everything else will be open source! :p

How do you mean you would like to duplicate my results. I have no results showing that FireBird is faster, i agree on that.

oh

But neither do you have prove that IE is better or faster.

yes, I have proved in the past that ie is faster...however, as you say, it's been a while, and ie may not be the performer anymore...we'll see

in fact, by all the points i have mentioned, it would seem that IE is insecure,

mozilla would be just as insecure if it were as pervasive and as pleasant a target as ie...this will happen soon enough unless the courts tell ms they can go forward with internet explorere

ie doesnt keep to the standards,

well, when development was allowed by the courts, and was being supported by ms, ie in fact ecxceeded standards,

this is what the pro "alternative borwsers" didn't like...that they had to keep up to ie's ease of use

doesn't listen to normal headers that are perfectly right to use.

\everyone knows these now current flaws...write around them if you want ie users to enjoy your page

write with these headers if you want to amke your pro mozilla points.

Second, since XHTML/HTML and the web standards are always improving or becoming better, IE should be updated as well:

oh boy do I agree with you on this

Thats the point, FireBird supports the new stuff that IE is failing to support because of it lack of updates

no... ie is not updated becasue the courts told ms they are not allowed to update it

Just because one browser doesnt support a feature doesnt mean that people are gonna stop using the newer stuff, no they want to use the newer stuff since its either easier to use, or just plain cool to have the new stuff.

Well, that is what browser have to keep up to, they have to keep updated so that they support the la
test and greatest.

/agree...that's why ai fully expect an alterantive browser to out perform ie soon...maybe by now it's already happened

Claiming that IE then should not be tested on those parts is like saying i dont want to take those classess in highschool since they are to new, and i like old school.

/agree again...but I didn't say ie should not be tested on those sites, I said that both browsers must be tested practically, not devised..this means normal surfing, not devised surfing

the other points you make are along the lines that are correct, that ie is not still under development

as far as your speed tests, we'll see if I can duplicate your results

in the past, ie clearly outperformed

could you give me a link to the pheonix that yuou want me to try...

Soooo, how are the new dailies of Firebird doin???

Are they any more stable?

Have they added any new goodies?

IN OTHER WORDS THE DEBATE IS OVER!

THIS THREAD IS FOR MOZILLA/FIREBIRD

have a nice day... and release da Lizzard. :D

Yes another excellent point... It's skinable.

visuals are important. :p

Great, I go watch TV for a while and come back too this, I'm not even going to read half of it.

Thread Closed
Another thread may be started, but if it heads in the same direction again, I will just delete it, You have been warned.

Perris, grow the **** up. It's old now.

skinable is a good point

thanx for the link gonaads...we'll discuss my results sometime soon

I will surely resond to the next thread if I think it needs proper discussion

speedy, I'm sure I've grown up

give that a go, would you

Originally posted by dealer
skinable is a good point

thanx for the link gonaads...we'll discuss my results sometime soon

But create yer own thread... do not hyjack :p

Do you not know what it means when a thread is closed? Leave it be.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Do you not know what it means when a thread is closed? Leave it be.

errrrr, no :confused:

Yep, just posted some nice real world benchmarks in there ;)
It's quite unfortunate that a thread which started off simply about Firebird nightlies had to turn into another IE vs Gecko war.
:rolleyes:

I agree with SPeedY's decision to close the thread. X vs. Y wars can never be resolved. There are always fanboys who make undocumented and highly opinionated statements on both sides, and it only ends up turning into a flame war eventually.

=== Thread Ends Here ===

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back