March Desktops Captures - Post Them Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to the quick notes active desktop code or tutorial plz

I got everything working alright but everytime I go to refresh or view the page I get a window that says "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interactino?". How do I get rid of this. I'm guessing it has something to do with security settings.

Originally posted by Beginning
Nice desktops everyone... :) :) :)

My latest...

VS = True Steel from Here
Wall = Collide from Here

could you do jpg next time, or a warning for the 56k users of the file size, it took me a while and I am on multiple T3s

its 1.6MB and took 45seconds to get @43kbps transfer rate (thats the actual download rate of that file for me)

Oops forgot to say Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet man

Originally posted by Little-Moe
I got everything working alright but everytime I go to refresh or view the page I get a window that says "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interactino?". How do I get rid of this. I'm guessing it has something to do with security settings.
From the tutorial which you might want to read all of next time:
TIPS AND TRICKS TO MAKE PROGRAM LAUNCH WORK BETTER
Here are a few tweaks to make the above program launch work better and faster.
_
Please note that if you are running any antivirus program, such as Norton AntiVirus ("NAV"), you may encounter a "Malicious script detected" alert. The reason you will see this warning is because antivirus software, such as NAV, flags such files as a possible virus. You will receive this warning for each and every shortcut you setup. If you are running NAV, you can simply select "Authorize this script" from the drop down box and select "OK" and you will not be flagged again for this link.
_
This next tweak is a big one. You may notice an ActiveX warning. Well, let's get rid of that annoying warning. First we need to add the "My Computer" security zone to your Internet Options: Security tab.
- Run regedit
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
- Set "FLAGS" dword value to 47
- Close regedit
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Select the "Tools" menu
- Select "Internet Options"
- Select the "Security" tab
_
You will notice that you have a "My Computer" security zone (if not, reboot and try relaunching Internet Explorer). Now configure your "My Computer" security zone.
- Highlight the "My Computer" zone icon
- Click "Custom Level"
- Under "ActiveX controls and plug-ins", change "Download signed ActiveX controls" to "Enable"
- Change "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" to "Enable"
- Change "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe" to "Enable"
- Change "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" to "Enable"
- Chnage "Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting" to "Enable"
- Click "OK"
- Click "Apply"
- Click "OK"
_
After doing so, you will not receive any ActiveX control warnings for local files. Please note that making the above changes will not affect files located on the web (such as files on the NTFS.org website). All websites on the Internet use the "Internet Security Zone", not the "My Computer Security Zone".

I only used Angel's tutorial because he does things differently and once I saw how that tutorial was different I didn't bother reading it because of the differences. Much thx though, sorry for the trouble.

Click Here

Image removed WAY to big both size and dimensions... be kind to others and link it especially for the 56k'ers
Edited By
[PseudoKiller]

mine's probably the most simple and boring desktop ever....but hey, i like it

Famine

Hey, Famine what icons are you using? i like them alot!!

Originally posted by Geffy
Thats supposed to show us what exactly.....

Sorry, I'm kinda stoned and I forget what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. It should work now though.

Originally posted by inso
Sorry, I'm kinda stoned and I forget what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. It should work now though.
hahahaha :D :p

Nice desktop btw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back