MacBook release finally here?

Geffy said:
damn i wants a MacBook now :p
Muzikool get that review done, if you can tell us about how warm it normally feels that would be good, have heard a bit about the MacBook Pros running a little warm.

Until one changes out the thermal paste in the laptop :p

yeah.... really, that's all it takes huh?! ... I wish it would be that easy to cool down an iBook :s

Geffy said:
damn i wants a MacBook now :p
Muzikool get that review done, if you can tell us about how warm it normally feels that would be good, have heard a bit about the MacBook Pros running a little warm.

Will put up a review today. :)

I ordered five*. Three for me and one each for my cats.

Looking forward to the review :)

* may not be true

Sorry, meant to put together a review yesterday but I got busy. I'll get one up today. :)

NetRyder said:
Yikes. They use the whole damn syringe of thermal compound? No wonder the thing's getting toasty. :eek:

Indeed. My dad's boss got a new MacBook Pro, and it does not run hot at all, so maybe they fixed their procedure?

Newer models don't seem to have the same problems that people have been whining about (hehehe... whining...).

This is the reason I'm waiting for a new release of the iMac before making my purchase, any niggles should be ironed out :)

There were probably some issues along the lines of what the procs in windows systems were experiencing.

I wonder if intel implemented a new p-state profile in the yonah design that was fubaring the usage/proc levels. That would easily cause temps to rise more than what the apps might be expecting.

I know that m$ recently issued a fix for it, I wonder if it was the same kind of fix/patch released by apple. The firmware patch seems to be prudent to adjust voltage levels/fan rpm settings and that could well be all that was adjusted (software patch for p-state adjustments?).

I wish there was an option for an anti-glare coating on the displays, the shiny surface looks cool but the glare is killer :(

sazar said:
I wish there was an option for an anti-glare coating on the displays, the shiny surface looks cool but the glare is killer :(
yeah... i noticed that... I thought lcd makers were trying to CUT the glare - now apple is making it all glassy on purpose....

you know what I'd like to know before I'd buy one is if the black ones get scratched/scuffed easy. In the videos they look like they have a matte exterior and I would think that would get scratched more easily than my ipod's backing.

that is another thing i liked about their old ibook finishes, they last forever without showing scratches :s

My iBook shows scratches, especially when they are deep scratches caused by my abuse, most of them disappear through with some scrubbing and alcohol, since this cleans out the scratches, and makes it appear as if they are less deep.

yeah... see that's what I mean.. the black macbook must be harder to keep "new" looking

I bought a Macbook Pro a few weeks ago but am wishing I had waited for one of these instead.

The second core on the Pro makes a high pitch whine for a lot of people which you can turn off by disabling the second core... but then what's the point in buying a dual core notebook if it makes you not want to use it. Even so, this is an OSX bug and the noise is gone if you boot it under XP or Linux.

It also runs amazingly hot if left on for 30+ minutes.

*sigh*

Luna said:
I bought a Macbook Pro a few weeks ago but am wishing I had waited for one of these instead.

The second core on the Pro makes a high pitch whine for a lot of people which you can turn off by disabling the second core... but then what's the point in buying a dual core notebook if it makes you not want to use it. Even so, this is an OSX bug and the noise is gone if you boot it under XP or Linux.

It also runs amazingly hot if left on for 30+ minutes.

*sigh*
Have you downloaded the latest firmware for the MacBook Pro?

Geffy said:
Have you downloaded the latest firmware for the MacBook Pro?

Yep, along with all the updates.

I even returned it twice times for a replacement and all of them suffer from the 'whine' and heat problems. Apple would not let me return the third one so I'll have to stick it out till they fix it.

tried the crack it open and redo the thermal jizz stuff?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back