Logitech MX1000 Laser club

My God we have a club for for the Laser Mouse. :eek:

sorry been away for a while :eek:

heh. welcome back Terrahertz. ya..... kinda got mine like 2 months ago or some junk, and started this thread based solely on it. greatest mouse in teh world. u should get one and drool over it like we all do. :)

nice info LordofLA, good to know these little details. I knew bout the no memory effect but not bout the possible damage from deep cycling them.

Well I just joined the MX1000 Laser club today, my MX510 scroll wheel broke on me so I put that BustBuy 2 year warenty to use. Well they didn't have a MX520 replacement for me so they gave me a free upgrade to the 1000 :) YEA!!!

hmm..... wonder if that would work for a welcome...... meh. why the hell not.

Welcome to the Club, Maveric!!!!

Tell us how u like it after you use it a bit.

Man............ Still waiting for mine zzzzz had to wait 12 days then wait for them to ship it :rolleyes: but It's on the way now should be here next week, oh oh and off topic I got my Free Ipod from pepsi last week!! got pics if anyone cares

i've had my mx1000 for about 2 weeks now. a day or two ago somehow the mouse got extremely jittery and completely not smooth at all. when i take it off of my mousepad it works fine again, but i wasn't having any problems with this mousepad for basically 2 weeks. i don't know why suddenly this started, but do any of you have ideas? i can post a video later on so you know exactly what i'm talking about if you need it.

i know what you're talking about. it happened with my old mouse pad too. right now i'm using one that i got from the computer show. same style as my old one, but works for some odd reason. maybe just a different texture to it. maybe the one you are using, logisticprism, was worn down by the mouse somehow. not sure. i used to just use my desk, but wasn't fun for gaming. after a little while my wrist got rather warm and kinda stuck to my desk.

i think i might try RMAing my mouse...i'm back to using my mx500 for now, and it still works great on the same mousepad. this is so frustrating, stuff can't just work.

ElementalDragon said:
free ipod.... from pepsi?

Yeah Pepsi Canada has a contest you buy pepsi and input codes from the labels, its like a lotto every hour they draw, and I won, been posted here before but i figured Id just attach to this post cause I think the old one was archived

aah. maybe that's why i didn't know about it. from US.

Logisticprism, why not just not use a mouse pad with the MX1000? it's a great mouse. like it better than my MX500. people say the MX1000 isn't as sensitive as the MX500/510 and others are, but the truth is, it's a LOT more sensitive than the others. Hence the reason why the mouse works better on some surfaces that the other mice can't work nicely on.

i can't use the mx100 on my good mousepad because it started the jittering thing, and i can't use a mouse like that...it sucks.

i asked on the logitech forums, and the one guy that replied said that he has gone through a few mx1000s and that it's a known issue. personally i think that really really really sucks. i loved the mouse until the jitter problems. ugh...so frustrated.

i would buy an icemat or something like that if they weren't so expensive. i don't have that kind of money to shell out, but at the same time, using my desk with the mx1000 is annoying as hell. so yeah, back to the mx500 until i can fix this.

well i seem to somewhat have remedied the issue by using plexi glass and a lot of tape. it works....kind of.

Well I have only been using mine for a little under 2 days now, and all I can say is WOW, I love it! Much better feel in the hand than my MX510 plus no cord to catch on my keyboard, and wow is it responsive! I just use my desktop surface, no mousepad or anything. I have been playing AAO with it and what a difference, I actually have to use the software and reduce the sensitivity to keep in control it is so fast.

logisticprism: you could always try making your own IceMat. i might do so soon. if there's a stained glass place around where you live somewhere, get a small piece of glass, maybe you can have them cut it for you or try cutting it yourself. then tape around the edges of it so you won't cut yourself on it, and get some nice rubber feet or something of the sort to set it on so it don't slide all over and BAM! probably a lot cheaper. and if you wanna give it the professional-ish touch, you could put solder around the edges. shiny. :)

well basically what i have set up now is a 10x12in piece of plexi glass left over from when i was making glowpads. i sanded it down so it works with optical mice, and then i tapped the feet of my mx1000. it works decently well, and this will be my icemat temporarily.

Ok Got my mouse today, First impression *as almost everyones* WOW. Didn't bother with the disk it came with and installed "Setpoint 2.14" My mouse came fully charged which was rather nice. I have as yet had any problems in game with the so called *mouse freeze for a few seconds* "there was no change from lifting my mouse, even if I let it go into power saving mode" Everything seems to be running fine. I love being able to use it almost any surface and from quite a distance. It is a welcome weapon in my arsenal

I just picked mine up today..might i say coming from a trackball its rather nice, it feels very good and pick up every movement.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back