Logitech MX1000 Laser club

I generally just catch the side of the cruise up by moving my finger to the left of the wheel a touch. Problem solved :p

Problem with MX1000

Well, I absolutely love this mouse, I truly do. However, I noticed a problem this morning. I was in the middle of a game of Halo, and all of a sudden the battery LED started flashing red. Well, I lost connection, and I had to turn it off and back on about twenty times before the connection resored itself. The battery was fully charged, so I don't know what happened. :confused: Well, I have tried turning it off and then back on just to see what would happen, and as fate would have it, about half the time that LED starts flashing red. Is there something wrong with my mouse? I bought it from Newegg about two weeks ago, so i can return it for an exchange. Anyone else having this problem?

Lunitari

welcome to OSNN lunitari!

Sorry to hear your first post is such a problem - nope never had that. Although after just today modding my rig a fair bit (new heatsink and graphics card) it took a couple of goes to recognise the mouse again. Flashing red sounds bad - maybe post something at a logitec support site?

Let us know, hey?

I just checked the user guide, all it has ith tat a single red LED means the battery needs charging.

You didnt say if it was just one LED or all of them. If it was all of them check you dont have a source of electro-magnetic interference nearby (30ft radius)adn that you are not using a metal surfaced desk.

WTG Lord! checking user guides! woo hoo - RTFM mean anything to anyone? rep ponts for da man! :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Curious. There must be someting wrong with the battery or the connection to the battery then, because the mouse was fully charged when this incident took place. When I was able to finally get the mouse to work again, all 3 green LED lights were active, indicating a full battery. I hate my luck.

Lunitari

ya. i didn't have that problem either. in fact, my mouse LED was saying my battery was near dead (but after long time of use, not just spontaneously), and i didn't have a single hiccup with it.

My best guess then is that the wire is loose inside - take it apart as per the user guide and make sure its pushed firmly in..

preferred pad or surface?

I just thought I would add this link to my thread for the IceMat because I personally find it a very complementary product to the MX1000.

I know others will have different opinions and preferences (EG, I am certain EP will prefer using his desktop) but thought I would share mine and invite others to have their say. Fact is the MX1000 allows many options - you can even surf with it on your belly if you are that way inclined! :eek: :D

my desk is wearing away :p

Need to revarnish it but am too lazy.

Just bought this mouse yesterday and its awesome :D

Acquired a M$ wireless keyboard elite at the same time as i neded a keyboard too, so i have the mouse from that too - hence i am in the lucky situation to compare 2 brand new mice from the market leaders :) I can definitely say the mx1000 wins hands down in every respect - ergonomically it fits my had far better than the elite mouse, and the pointer movement is waaay better all round, on all surfaces. Its button placement is better and i like the subtle clicks of the logitech wheel over the sticky feeling wheel of the M$ too.

If anyone in the uk is trying to buy this mouse - overclockers uk have them in stock - and they are the nice black version rather than the green one :) I spent 2 weeks waiting for ebuyer to get them in but gave up when i found out overclockers had them - in black and cheaper too! only 39.99 plus vat :D

ps2/usb weirdness

I have found one thing with this mouse though... If i have it plugged in to usb i get random jumping of the cursor all over the shop - in ps2 its rock steady and no probs. Many others have found the same thing, and also found that using a different logitech reciever also cures the problem, along with some button related problems they have had! No one seems to know why this is but it is definitely a common random fault. Anyone else found this when usng it on usb and how many people are using the ps/2 adaptor?

Nope Abbadon - nothing like that here and I am using just USB - infact have a drawer full of PS/2 and serial adaptors, never seem to use them :eek:

Abbadon, the only time i've seen the mouse cursor EVER jump around or anything is when i tried using my old mouse pad, or when it happened to move onto a piece of printer paper that's on my desk. other than that it never stutters at all.

it wasn stuttering as such - more huge jumps - the mouse movement when i was using the usb was perfect - but occaisionally it would jump o the other end of the screen when i was hardly moving the mouse. Hasnt done since i switched to the ps2. also u can set the data capture rate in control panel when your in ps2 mode - when your in usb you cant i have discovered. People on a number of other boards have found the same thing with usb/ps2 swap - and one chap tried his older mx700 reciever and that worked fine with the mx1000 in both usb and ps2 :S Seems quite a few people have had the same kinda things - and also button weirdness which were all cured by swapping to ps2. Does anyone know what the comparative bandwidth of ps2 vs usb are? It was metioned on one board that ps2 offered greater bandwidth and also allowed higher capture rates than the usb connection?

using usb/ps2 makes no difference to bandwidth. The reciever only transmits as fast as usb will handle.

also don't have the slightest clue as to what "Button weirdness" you are talking about. i haven't had a single problem with my mouse that you have mentioned and am using USB. mouse is always extremely accurate, never had it jump across the screen when barely moved, unless i had the pointer speed cranked to the max when i was testin it out. thing can get wicked fast. and when you think about it..... the PORT can't really determine capture rates. the mouse does all that kinda work. the port used just has to make sense out of what the mouse sends to it, which is probably done with the wireless reciever, and still cuts the port out.

P.S. Found out how extremely customizable this mouse is for gaming just now. You can bind any of the mouse buttons to any keystroke. so say you were playing, oh... Half-Life 2 when it comes out, and you want to do what i usually did in Half-Life and bind the 357 magnum to the Back button on the mouse, you can assign the back button to a keystroke, such as a key that's not often used on the keyboard, like "k" or "j".

anyone encountered the mouses one downfall? If like my friend you tend to lift your mouse up and move it miles around the desk when gaming, the laser turns off so fast that it takes a fraction of a second to re register the surface when u put it back down.... making u freeze momentarily :eek: I dont do this so its no problem for me - but for people who do it could be a very good reason not to buy the mx1000.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back