Logitech MX1000 Laser club

ARGGGggggg the supplier I had my order with has yet again got no shipments - I have cancelled with them, since they claimed availability twice and filed both times....

Now can anyone here tell me an etailer with them in-stock?

[EDIT] Trying Komplett this time - hope they are OK [/EDIT]

HMMMmmm it was an order with Pixmania which I had to cancel after waiting two weeks!

Glad to hear Komplett should be OK (their site says in stock, so we shall see)

man you don't get the best luck, do you mainframeguy? i had mine in like a week from the place i ordered it, and it said there was a 1-2 week wait cause they didn't have any in stock. Also got a high gain wireless antenna from the same place and it was delivered next day.

Komplett is a place that told me to wait 2 weeks for my radeon 9800 pro and delivered it 2 days later...

:p

ya. they usually just estimate the date when they don't have it in stock, and ship it right when they get them.

OK I have the MX1000! First impressions are very smooth and a nice glide and hand-feel.... that's the good part, the bad is that I seem to have reduced funtctionality in Mozilla - the back/forward buttond are not functioning for me, although they do work in IE, anyone else had this or better still got a fix for it?

Oh yeah and the AC adaptor came with the continental/US two prong plug, but that was sort of OK since I had an adaptor - just something I thought I would mention for any prospective buyers.... now off to google for Mozilla and this mouse!

OK - fixed the back & forward thing, in my case I elected to change the back and forward to Other >>>> Generic button (this way it works both in Mozilla and IE). Apparently you can also assign a keystroke of <ALT> Left arrow for back and <ALT> Right Arrow for forward, but I was not sure if that would also work in IE....

Now need to dig further why my scroll wheel is not working on forums! [EDIT] Weird, right after I posted scrolling just works, this must be a window focus issue that it is holding the focus better in the edit post window, even when it is not scrollable, thereby creating the illusion it is not scrolling the whole post - if you see what I mean [/EDIT]

either that, or it just wasn't in focus until you posted the message. i've had that happen once or twice. I mostly use IE anyway. last time i tried using Firefox with this mouse it was almost a case of epilepsy. every time i minimized a window and brought it back up, when it came back up the screen would jump like 1 or 2 lines up and down over and over at a rather high rate.

So, Mainframeguy, u like the mouse as much as we do?

Firefox is broken. It's pretty funny about when it interacts with advanced mouse features.

you want to use Opera or IE.

i was actually thinkin about usin iRider... till i realized it's not free, and their trial only lasts like 30 days or some junk. :( they should make 2 versions, the purchasable one, and a free one with not quite as many fancyish features.

irider is a shell to IE. its a waste of time, space, effort, energy and money. You paid once already to use IE when you bought windows - why pay to use IE again?

Back on topic....

Anyone else having a problem where the MX1000 looses any of the settings you have applied for overriding default buttons? I have set my "Zoom" buttons for autoscroll, but this keeps getting lost and it is pretty annoying when you then have to bring up SetPoint (which I do not like to keep in my StartUp folder BTW).

Anyone else?

defaults work for me. i just need to reinstall the software again so that sidescroll works again.. too lazy to fetch the cd from the box though :D

ooh side scroll... not that I ever used that, even on my previous mouse :)

Just thought I would post back here - if you change from defaults you will find you HAVE to keep SetPoint in your startup and let it run with your system, otherwise you'll loose your setting every once in a while.

I wanted to change my cruise up especially, because I find the button too much of a stretch to use it with default settings - anyone else get that?

In action:

webcam.jpg

now - I am not sure I can zoom in on that pic - tell me if I am wrong - you mean that is the MX1000 Zoom Up in action? please do not tempt me to try moving my webcam for comparative pic - this could get too sad!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back