Logitech MX1000 Laser club

Keep shifting it around in the slot, the original version had these kind of issues, bit of a shame.

I got the keyboard and mouse set and the problem was resolved, perhaps even contact Logitech.

Still a member of the MX1000 club, tho I am MX Revolution now too ;)

How is that new mouse? I'm sure you like it.

Well I blogged a bit @ www.electronicpunk.com

Mousewheel is cool, not too grimy yet, so dunno if cleaning it is more of an issue.

The MicroUSB adapter conflicts with my fan (hehe) so might be more of a winter mouse.

Did I mention the mousewheel was cool.

I had the same issue (conflict) with my DiNovo desktop. I bought an USB extension cable (3') and moved it away from my tower. Works great.

I have the MX1000 and also the Microsoft 6000 both are very cool laser mice

Well I'm definately swingin Microsoft next time. Too many issues with Logitech's software and jittering. And my Razer copperhead at work hurts my hand over time... stops people using my workstation though :D

dunno how you have so many problems with the stuff, LA. i've never had a single problem with a Logitech mouse, be it actual hardware or software related.

now MS on the other hand..... i used to have an Intellimouse Explorer optical mouse..... after several months of gaming on that, the mouse wheel pretty much turned into a smooth roll, and wouldn't detect the motion half the time. i gave my MX500 to my brother and his girlfriend for their computer, since everything on it still feels good as new. And my MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000...... for quite some time, it seemed to get a kick out of corrupting/deleting it's own registry entry.

The only problem I've ever had was interference and the USB extension cable fixed that.

I initially thought the problem was related to the mouse itself, so Logitech issued a RMA and sent a brand new set. When the problem continued I decided to try the cable and it worked. Now it is perfect.

Well I prefer my mouse pointer to go where I point it, not suddenly jump to random spaces on the screen :) I think a corded MS mouse is in order this time around unless logitech stuff gets some favourable reviews over the next 6 monts :)

well...... maybe you had the same issue matt had. maybe just some interference. i even read reviews about the new digital Logitech PC speakers, where the two rear speakers are wireless, and people with the MX1000 had trouble with the mouse if they had the wireless transmitter for the speakers anywhere near the MX1000's base. all they did was move the base for the MX1000 a bit further away, or to a different position, and it worked.

or maybe you were having the same issue i have on very rare occasion.... where after the power is off for quite some time, it stutters around rapidly as i try to move the mouse, which just required turning the mouse off and back on, then resetting both...... or a restart in worst case.

RF wireless works good..... but can be picky.

I've had a mx1000 since it came out. For the longest time, it ruled. It took a lot of love since i play all kinds of games with it. But within the last 4 months the cursor starts jumping all over the place. This is really annoying seeing as how i spent $85 for it and now i can't use it while gaming. I've tried the options posted, i plugged in the ps/2 adapter and updated SetPoint, still i've got the same problem. I'm frustrated that i can't get this thing to work. I've also got the mx510, and tho i've never had a problem with it, i'd like to keep using the 1000 since it's newer technology, and i alrdy payed the hefty price for it. Can anyone help me out?

thanks,
Xyruz

Hi guys,
An old thread but I came across here with you guys through google. :nervous: So I am a newbie outta here.

I had 2 seperate Logitech MX-1000 mouse kits (mouse+docking station+AC Charger) from a friend of mine lately. But one docking station does not catch the signals from mouse.

But this broken station is charging the mouses once I plug the AC adapter on it. It just can not connect the mouse frequences.

So how can I supply just a new or used working docking station for my second mouse? Can you advise me

Regards.

Doesn't it need a receiver as well? I'm assuming you have one, but since you didn't mention it specifically wanted to be sure.

Without that - all you would be able to do is charge.

Hi guys,
An old thread but I came across here with you guys through google. :nervous: So I am a newbie outta here.

I had 2 seperate Logitech MX-1000 mouse kits (mouse+docking station+AC Charger) from a friend of mine lately. But one docking station does not catch the signals from mouse.

But this broken station is charging the mouses once I plug the AC adapter on it. It just can not connect the mouse frequences.

So how can I supply just a new or used working docking station for my second mouse? Can you advise me

Regards.

Stupid question but is the base-station plugged into a functional USB port?

Ensure that it does otherwise even if your mouse communicates with the base, it will not transmit any tracking information to your computer and therefore will not function.

Alternatively, ensure that the base-station and the mouse are synched. If they are not, you need to get it done. There are tools on the Logitech website to allow you to do this.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/support_downloads/&cl=us,en

Doesn't it need a receiver as well? I'm assuming you have one, but since you didn't mention it specifically wanted to be sure.

Without that - all you would be able to do is charge.

The MX1000 has a base that functions as both receiver and charger.

Sorry - got confused. I have a wireless/bluetooth (whatever it is) component that connects into my USB - didn't realize the receiver was actually in the base.

yeah. they changed it back to that form with the MX Revolution, having both a charging station, and a separate USB reciever. Think it's a bit convenient, since you technically don't have to have the charging base remotely close to a USB port, let alone your entire computer setup. Just ordered myself a MX revolution last night, seeing as i too am having some issues with my MX 1000 that i've had since shortly after it's release. gave me a couple good years... but it's time to move on. Hopefully i'll like the MX Revolution as much as the MX 1000.... but i already don't like very much how it has fewer buttons.... and the application switch button on the MX 1000 is neat, especially how pressing it in Vista uses the Flip3D thing instead of basically Alt+Tabbing.

The MX Revolution is light-years better than the MX1000 :)

I have an MX Revolution at work and a G-9 at home. I can't use a mouse without free-spin anymore :(

I do have my old MX 1000 at home as a backup mouse when I need to be wireless (i.e. when I am lounging away from my desk and don't want to stretch my G-9's cable).

The second wheel on the MX Revolution activates flip-3D :) You can move it back and forth to move through or click on it to activate Flip-3D.

And, the little search button is AWESOME, although still a little limited. I wish I could use it to look up items on wiki or thesaurus instead of essentially doing a dictionary search.

Still, a GREAT mouse :D

there isn't any way to change what the quick search button uses? would kinda expect there to be if you can change pretty much what any button does on the majority of Logitech mice with SetPoint.

should be getting my Revolution tomorrow too. Love Newegg and their warehouse in New Jersey. one-state-away shipping = next day delivery for the price of 3rd day, or even better with FREE 3rd day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back