Logitech MX1000 Laser club

had mine for a bit... forgot about this thread... decided to drop my name in the hat of current users... :)

I just picked up my second one(took first one back).......:D i love it all over again. No more mouse jumping. yay!

mx510 fan myself.. don't want a cordless mouse going out on me in the middle of some online fps action....

n0d3.... unless you play for about a week and a half to two weeks straight with no breaks/sleep/eating in between... you won't have to worry about that. even when the mouse is saying that your battery level is critical, it still functions just as good in a FPS like Half-Life 2 or CS as if the battery was still full. no disconnects, no lag, no battery swapping. even a bunch of people in here have said the mouse is great in fps's and doesn't disconnect. i used to have the MX500 and loved it. the MX1000 takes the cake though by a longshot.

yah... but u at least sleep and take a break and stuff to eat. if you're completely insecure about it's battery life, you could charge it every single night when you go to bed. only takes like 4-5 hours to charge from dead/near dead to full. really what i (and many others) believe is the best mouse money can buy.

Hmmm - just a question guys, how often you find yourselves having to recharge? and how long would you leave it to charge for ? (e.g. trust the green dots or not? :))

I used it for 3-4 days without a recharge and it was only down one bar. I left it on for about a week and didnt really drain that batt. So you could just wait till it gets low to charge it(im not sure what the batt conditioning should be) but it works for me

the meter is heavily reliable. it's technically 4 lights. when the battery is near dead, the 3rd light turns red. it also pops up a little baloon by your system tray that warns you that your battery level is critical. About the recharging.... i usually just charge it overnight, but if you MUST use it, probably an hour charge after the light turns red might buy you another oh..... day, maybe slightly less. very good battery life.

Your can trust the lights. There is a good grace margin in there for the "red" light also. I have used mine for up to 5 hours on the red light before the mouse started having problems. I would recomend that you run the mouse till the battery goes to red/recharge and then let it fully recharge.

Good stuff, cheers everyone (rep coming)

How often you lot have to recharge?

i've used my mouse for days w/o recharging and the dman thing is still on 3 lights...

I love it :D

yeah.... the more u use it, the faster the battery dies. you can leave it sit for days and days and days and it won't do anything. has like... 2 different levels of standby. kinda like XP's Standby and Hibernate. after a few seconds of not moving, it turns the battery level lights and the laser off, and after a couple minutes of not moving, it shuts a little bit more down.... i think. not sure what else it could turn off other than the laser and the lights. just know it can go a good while if it's only used a few minutes or a few hours a day.

Cool, well i've only had to charge it <thinks> the first time.. and twice in about a month, so that's not too bad (it's just my old mouse was batteries, non rechargable, so wasn't sure how long it should be going for)

I use it a heck of a lot :)

tons of gaming and lots of browsing and stuff

still the mouse is holding up better than some other rechargeable's I have seen/heard about :)

Does anybody use the setpoint software? I dont really notice a big change in having it running or not. Who uses it/doesn't use it?

setpoint software? e.g. the normal software coming on a cd with it? sorry, i'm tired...

I run the software given to me, and i just find it useful to be warned when the light goes red, and also able to set up generic back and forward buttons for the use of firefox :)

yeah. setpoint software does come in handy. for one, for me it seemed to make the mouse a little more sensitive (i.e. move farther without moving the mouse as far) than when the software wasn't installed. Plus, it can be used to make a button do something other than what you would think it would do. i actually have half the buttons on the mouse (being cruise up, cruise down, back, forward) set to an actual letter key on the keyboard, so i can bind stuff in Half-Life 2 to one of the mouse buttons, and it still retains it's standard usability in IE and stuff.

Hello everyone !
I add myself to the club count now :D
Having problems with my MX700 , which was wonderful until recently (simple clic of the left button acting randomly and annoyingly as double clic both under XP Pro and Debian/Linux, and right clic randomly and annoyingly behaving as normal right clic after the 3rd or 4th times it was pressed), I bought myself the MX1000, firstly because it was a little cheaper than the MX700 and secondly because it was the perfect occasion to upgrade to the new technology :D
Why my MX700 began acting strangely, I don't know, I tried replacing the batteries, to no avail... it could act normaly at times and dysfunction at others... I'm a little sad I must admit, I really loved the MX700...
I have the MX1000 since late saturday now, I'm not used to it yet as it is a little different from the MX700 (extra buttons redisigned), but very soon I'm sure I'll be used to it ;)

Hi guys my name is gaurav and im havingsome problems with my logitech mx 1000 base station its not charging my mouse at all..its like dead ..can someone help me fix this problem...thx ...IM me at dinimitehack69

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back