June 2006 Sigs and Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. go through the list of things I posted, but instead of clickin the file and install font thing at the end of the list scroll through all the fonts. Find that font, right click on it and delete it. Then reinstall it and see what happens.

[edit]
Hey bob, read this:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/a/fontoverload.htm

Especially this paragraph about font overload:

Once you reach that mysterious limit of fonts in Windows, you (or a program installation) can keep adding fonts to the Windows FONTS folder. The fonts will appear to be installed because they are in the folder, but they may not appear in the font menu of your programs. The fonts are unusable because you have reached your system's limit. When this occurs, you will find that as you delete fonts, the number of installed fonts that is indicated in the Status bar when viewing the Windows FONTS folder, does not change. This is because as you delete fonts, those extra, unusable fonts are moving up and becoming usable again. When you finally see this number in the status bar actually begin to decrease, you know you are making progress.

Mind you this is an oldish article but it still has some useful info.

Last edited:
Thanks sooo much Gonaads. I must have been over the limit because i delteted 4 fonts that were rubbish, and now both fonts i installed work. Thanks again.

:( gotta spread some rep b4 i rep you again. :(

Yeah! Cool, glad that did it. Don't worry 'bout the reps, just happy we were able to solve it. That's what this place is all about. :)

Nice kc... now replace that windows logo with an apple :laugh:

no but seriously - I like it;makes me want to go eat a sandwich

No more penguins! aahhhh

Here is a new sig for you.

damnyou2xu.png

Nice goonads :D

I don't want an apple in there, I believe my sig to be true :)

my new set... It's kinda crappy quality because I just took it off of some screenshots found with google image search... Maybe I will change it again soon :p

Had this avatar not too long ago, goes nicely with the sig :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back