Johnny Cochran Dies at age 67 ...

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Johnny, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

2. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

What goes around comes around :|

3. vivid_vibe

vivid_vibe OSNN Senior Addict

Really? So, if I'm totally honest all the time and don't help get murderers, rapists, etc. out of trouble, I can live forever?

4. falconguard

falconguard Carbon based lifeform Political User Folding Team

irregardless of how you feel about the man, he represented alot more minorities, than wealthy people. If all you know of him is OJ, than you really don't know much.

5. skizo

skizo OSNN Addict

Money can't buy everything...

6. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

PLEASE... spare me, the world is now a better place without him...

If he had helped the down-trodden without need for compensation that would be one thing... give me a break...

7. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I think alot of people forget how justice works here in America. It's innocent until proven guilty. Also why shouldn't someone being accused of some crime not have the best representation and why should Mr. Cochran not represent them? He was doing his job, he was upholding our judicial system to the best of his ability. Someone has to be on the "bad-guys" side or we would basically just skip the whole trial and throw them right into jail. </rant>

Oh and was shocking news.

8. Johnny

My biggest problem with this man was the fact that he thought everything was a case of race ... I feel he spent to much time following Malcom X then following reality.

9. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

Don't forget, it was the jury, not Cochran that found him innocent.

10. Johnny

A jury made up of mostly minorities. He knew actually what he was doing, he did it good. It made a total joke out of the judicial system ..

11. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

Actually, the justice system in America IS a joke. What happened in that court room and many others across the states would never happen in a court room in any other country.

12. falconguard

Elmer "Geronimo" Pratt Spent 27 years in a prison for a crime he did not commit, johnny helped him out.
    Ron Settles was found hung, in his cell, the police said he committed suicide, the coroner found different, funny how an investigation was launched only after Johnny Cochran took the family case.
    yes he did help, underprivileged people...Like I said before, if all you know of him was OJ, than you dont know...

13. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

the alternative would be systems that think it's more important have a convition then it is to save an innocent man

I've never seen anyhting that worked with perfection., cars computers, governemnt, elections...nothing

what makes anyone think the legal system should work with perfection?

as an innocent man, I'd rether go through our process then any other...this system is designed to try and make sure innocent men are not convicted

at the expense of some guilty being set free?

of course...it's one of the the prices we pay

14. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

What Johnny said.

Good ridence to bad rubbish, or trash in this case.

only kidding i have no preference with this guy dead :dead: or alive he's going to hell.

15. falconguard

I think that point is moot, He was a lawyer.

16. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Yes.

17. RickyC

RickyC OSNN Addict

I'm not talking about the conviction nor the fact that a person is innocent before being proven guilty. This is a matter of fact in most counties and so it should be. There is nothing much wrong with the system in the US as such.

I'm referring to the 'show' which lawyers in the US seem to put on and the fact that lawyers tend to become the centre of attention, a judge in say the UK would not tolerate this. Also money seems to play a bigger factor in the US than anywhere else. True the justice system in most countries is not perfect, but when people become 'celebrities' and make money for being part of a high profile case, wheither they be in the jury, a lawyer or defendant, then it is this more than anything that makes a joke of the US justice system.
    </rant>

18. Johnny

Either way you look at it. Cochran helped more guilty people get off than any other lawyer in history. If you also notice he only helped minorities. On a rare occasion he would help a white defendant.

I agree that money does have a lot to do with it. I don't care who you are, OJ is guilty. He knows it, the judge knows it, the lawyers know it, and the public knows it. But OJ is just a sample of the people that Cochran got off and the chance to run free.

The guy was a shmuck, plain and simple. Good Riddens to him and his garbage. I hope he burns for all eternity .. I now rest my case on this. I was not going to say my thoughts about him, but recent posts made do otherwise ...

19. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

hehe order at the bench.

20. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

AMEN JOHNNY!

LOL

THe guy was a joke. He took cases only after they had national publicity or they paid his enourmous $$$ requests...

For such a long career, his biggest proponent in this forum *AHEM* *cough* *cough*

Bueler, Bueler, FALCONGUARD??

LOL, what a Shmuck