i am curious

Nice avatar xsiv...Is it a bird?,is it a plane?,no it's Superspam :D

I propose a "HELP" count. When someone's post has helped you out you should be able to click on a link by their name to give them a help point. :) Maybe add in some kind of scale...

Total Posts: 3913 (7.94 posts per day)

thats mine, I did a lot in the "Name that Celeb" thread and the Word Assoc, I dont think the post counts are really needed though. I think that area could be better replaced with text tellin you if the member was a Mod/SMod/Admin or Member kind of thing

Originally posted by Un4gIvEn1
I propose a "HELP" count. When someone's post has helped you out you should be able to click on a link by their name to give them a help point. :) Maybe add in some kind of scale...
Yeah I've seen this on some other forums. It sounds like a good idea.

Me, I don't post too much. Averaging less that 1 a day, though I do post more now then I did at the start. I don't believe in Spamming useless posts, can't be bothered!

There is such thing as a useless post? Hmm... I wonder what that would look like?

most likely anything hennyman posts :) jk!

I also work in a docotors office most of the day, I do a few bills read a post/reply do a few more bills read a post/reply I think mine is so low compare to some of the older members is because I signed up for the forums but always felt like I didn't have anything contructive to say and didn't want to look stupid if I did so I just lurked around and read the news. :)

I think the only bad thing about post counts is that if a person with oh say 5k posts posts an opinions and me with my 35 posts post one, wonder who is going to be believed? But as it is, i say keep em as it lets people know who has some experience, and its just fun to keep track.

I kind of agree with you there Hematic. To some (but not all) people, post count is a measure of experience or knowledge. This obviously isn't true, but still, it can be kind of an unconcious assumption that is made. I know I've been guilty of thinking that way before. For this reason, I must say that I like the suggestion Un4gIvEn1 gave, with the "Help" points. Heck, maybe we could even have "Spam" points, since some of us here are more experienced with that. ;)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back