i am curious

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
I have noticed the astronomical number of posts some of you folks have here...I could post everyday for the next year and not get that high...what do some of you folks do for a living?...or not as the case may be?...:)

most of the people with high post counts SPAM like crazy... I myself try to help people. :)

Yup, as a general rule, most people with over 3,000 posts will have about 90%+ of those in "The lounge" section.

Things like word association which require a single word as a post can quickly accumilate posts. Personally I couldn't care less about post counts, I say that we get rid of them (but about 80% of other members oppose this opinion :p ) as I think that some people think that they are a bit more important than they actually are.

Being a member for ages (ie, the start ;) ), creating all the guideline posts, posting loads in the mod/admin section, sorting things out, administrating the boards... plus I susspect you cheated somehow :p :D

Yeah, EP could probably have 20,000 posts with the click of a few keys. Cheater!

lol, well I still had this count, even after MdSalih rebuilt the post counts :)

(ie all my news comment additions were removed)

It is only just under 12 posts a day since december 2001 ;)

13.97 posts per day for me. That's down a tad from the 30+ per day I used to do :p Still, xsiv's post per day around that time was in the 40s :eek:

I've been a member for a while and don't have a big post count. I only post when needed, and I'm here everyday :shrug: My posts per day is probably like -3.

I profess I have been unfaithful to ntfs ... I've only been posting on one other forum -- props to EP for getting me back in the fold. We have (had) a member there that just got banned with a post count of about 35k, that's over 50 posts a day. I only have about 5500. ;)

I'm with ya there Funky Dredd. I've been here since the first month, and I haven't even hit 1000 yet! My average is 1.5 per day, but I used to only post to help people or ask a question... now I enjoy the community in The Lounge. :)

hmmmi have a fairly high post count......but not many of them are in word asociation etc.

5.30 posts per day. Most of them helpful. 1-2 in The Lounge. ;)

3.72 posts per day for me...

I try to help ppl out, but sometimes I cant and I get bored in work so I drop by the lounge for a bit :p

Originally posted by jonifen

I try to help ppl out, but sometimes I cant and I get bored in work so I drop by the lounge for a bit :p

Guess that goes for quite afew of us ;)

Helping people is good, especially if they get the problem sorted.:)
But I too get bored sometimes as I fix PC's for a living.

The lounge can offer my grey matter a chance to chill, and kick back for some fun :D

I'm in NTFS forums most days and my post average is 2.44 per day, so I guess I got the SPAM under control :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back