How to find the product key in XP ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by purush, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purush

purush Guest

Is there any way I can find the product key in XP. If so where is it ?

2. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

You mean the registration number?.. right click on "my computer" and click properties.

3. purush

purush Guest

Key ?

I mean the product key starting with FC etc, except I don't have the corp version so where is it ? mine is an OEM version from Dell and I don't have the CD with me at the moment.

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

hmm...

sounds like the Devils Own.

Key starting with FC, I think it goes on like KGW ;) :p

5. GETanner

GETanner Guest

Re: Key ?

I also have an OEM copy of XP which came with my Dell.

The Key is on a sticker which for me, was attached to the underside of the laptop.

Guy

6. Ewen

Ewen Guest

Sounds a bit suss to me. If you have the original packaging/cd case then you should have the product key. Unless of course you have lost it like so many people seem to do.

7. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

I think purush didn't bought his XP legally.

Come on Purush admit you have a warez version of XP ;)
    It is always the same they lost the cd-key, the can't find there cd-case blablabla :p

Buy a legal version of XP and you will have a product-key ;)

8. e-mail me and or pm me and ill tell you how to change it

9. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

heh, why else would he/she want to know where to find it =)

10. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Some OEM software doesnt need a CD Key. I've worked on Dell's with Win ME that when it comes time to enter the CD Key the key is already pre-entered by the software. You may not even need to enter one in the case of reinstallation.

The CD Key should be on a sticker attached to the case somewhere. Look around

JJB

11. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

12. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

Ok I apoligize to purush :rolleyes: :)
    I believe him about he bought XP

To find your product key, try Tweak-xp
    You can find it here

Hope this helps :D

13. Dlovely

Dlovely Guest

Who cares if the guy bought it or not. You act like microsoft or any other company would die and go out of business because of a "few" people who choose not to pay for software. I personally work for a company that gets tons of software from manufacturers in hope that we would roll it out on users desktops, does that make me a thief because i take it and use it for myself? I think the people who bitch and moan about legitimate software are the guys who can't get it or they have a guilty conscience in general. of all the crap going on in the world, why does some bootleg software seem so evil? companies will still develop it regardless of bootlegging and will always do so. Im done with my ranting so flame away on me but it'll never change my opinion. I will NEVER EVER pay for software and while the "legitimate" people bitch, i'll save my money for more meaningful things.

14. zoey

zoey Guest

WOW!!

15. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

I don't act like Microsoft will go bankrupt if you don't buy your XP. I know it makes no differencdes because Microsft has enough money, but I think it is bad for little companies that make software. If there software gets cracked, then they have a great chance off getting bankrupt. And *uhm* I don't pay for my software either ;) *uhm*

16. avsdotcom

avsdotcom Guest

Does anyone :confused:

Seriously though, this debate has been raging on since God was a boy, yet still it continues. We may as well just face it - the pirates will keep piratin' and the anti-piracy lobby will keep whinging but nothin will ever change. It hasn't in the 20 - odd years I've been using computers and I dont expect it to in the next 20 either.

17. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I think peoples attitudes have changed.. people dont respect or think about the money you pay for software, feeds employee's to they can at least have a normal life.

In an extreme case, pirated software could force a company to go into liquidation, thus causing (x) number of redundancies, thus causing unemployment to go up, thus causing governments to raise taxes to give out money to the enemployed. -- Thats an extreme case, but not really impossible!

Besides which dont you pirates ever feel guilt?.. I guess not:rolleyes:

18. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

So you're saying that pirating software is going to destroy families or what :confused:
    I think that all the people on this forum are running at least 1 program that they did not bought. Simply because it is to expensive to buy all the programs you need to work with your computer. :rolleyes:

19. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

I think you may use pirated software, but to keep the companies alive, buy a game or program once in a while :)

20. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

Thats better catch23, what i mean is I DONT AGREE with pirating. But I DO agree that prices are too high.

I can see why people pirate, I just dont do it myself, as I work for a soft. company.. I know how hard it is to stop pirating. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.