How to find the product key in XP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before software companies are going to make new progs, let them work on a good way to stop piracy and secure there programs. And I don't mean that activation crap from MS. It's a nice start, but not good enough. You can get the crack for the activation right here on xp-erience.org
Maybe if the software companies work together they can stop piracy.

Yea. 2 right catch23.

The whole activation thing does my head in!! lol

winDVD, used to p**s me off cos you had to login to website, type ya memberlogin.. find your details then get the code and try and activate, & 9 times out of 10 it failed!

But now I notice with windvd4 you dont have to logon to activate, as you can type the details off of your email receipt.

On another subject, I'm not looking forward to only being able to get sp1 for xp, from windowsupdate, they should make it downloadable so you can put in on CDRW and keep it safe. Maybe they will?!

I think that the only way of stopping piracy is to lower the prices of software. If software was not so expensive, more people would buy there version. It is insane to pay hundreds of dollars for a lets sat operating system like XP.

So software companies lower your prices.

Software companies charge entirely too much for their products and have a snub attitude towards others which is why many use linux. These companies obviously are in business to turn a profit and make money which is fine but you have to remember, companies like microsoft and symantec make MOST of their money off of billion dollar corporations through licensing fees etc.. If you work at a company using their products, they are charged per workstation in most circumstances. So my point is, im not buying software so i can play with it for kicks then get rid of it because something better comes along or even better than that, buy software and then have it outdated 1yr later and then the company asking you to pay for an upgrade lmao Id rather give my money to a shareware company or some smaller based company then to a huge company that reaps its profits through big business with major corporations. but hey if you wanna pay $700 for photoshop and $500 for Office XP etc.. then im happy for you.

In one way the companie of linux is better because the don't make a lot of newe versions with a lot of extra's you don't want. They are programming there OS to work for a long time and not as microsoft makes their software for a year because after that they will have a new version. But we continue using Xp because we have to, all our programs need Windows. And the bets plus of linux it's free and without activation crap.

Purush has left the building

The person who started the thread is out of sight ... LOL :D :D :D

The only way to get it is through the Windows Registry. And if the computer won't boot properly, how are you going to get to it?

old.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back