HL2 and DX9 games on the way..

Well tomorrow is supposedly the official HL2 benchmark release. I cant wait :)

Originally posted by canadian_divx
there is only one problem. they are bringing HL2 out for the xbox. not xbox 2 but the one that is out now and that has an nvidia card in it, so they have a fix for everything but i dont see why they didnt produce it in open GL that way it would be totaly better and nvidia and ati can run it and also the linux stations can run it better. but that is just my 2 cents

hl2 is scalable... it will work fine on non-dx9 cards therefore it will work on the xbox...

the difference is that since the xbox hardware is all the same it is easier for valve to program for the platform... just like other console makers...

also openGL does not support all the extensions dx9 does... openGL is a great api but dx9 has caught up and surpassed it in some ways... perhaps more games will come out based on the ogl 1.5 standard but currently dx9 is superior...

errm... i didn't even hear of HL2 comin out on X-Box. but that could be because i don't have an x-box and that i think x-box sucks. no offense to any of you that loathe your x-box, but that's my personal opinion. Me thinks it's just one other way for Micro$oft to dominate the electronics market.

all i hear is blah blah blah technical mojo, yes we all know that NVIDIA cards will be able to play it- but if you listen to what I said--NVIDIA cards will not run HL2 at the same performance ATI cards will run it. Thats what I said broken down for you all now...

traded in my dying geforce 4 TI4200 64MB card for a radeon 9800pro 2 days ago and damn do i love this new card.

I’m not really that excited about half-life 2 coming out, consider I got old hardware and probably its not even gonna look good on my machine. =(

I've been looking forward to it but now it's like why its been pushed back once what's gonna keep them from pushing it back again, when it's released it is released and thats the end of it.

.. when I bought my card I did not buy it for one game only and HL2 is not the only game on the market, and not my type.

I play all kind of games, depending on mood and how long time I want to sit infront of the screen. And I have had smooth, fast and rock steady preformance ever since I bought it, not a singel lock up or BSOD.

ATi or nVidia... for me it does not matter.. I have had nVidia products since TNT2.. tried the 9800 Pro but it did not work on my system..went and bought a 5900 Ultra and it is by far the best card I have ever had.

I will stick to it for a long time to come now as it feels like there is no need to upgrade. In a way I feel that the game market is abit slack now.. not much of quality is coming out.
Or should I say the quality is going too far.

Not every family can afford a 5900 or 9800, and the kids only sees a game they want..not what it demands. Sometimes I can wonder if it is really needed to pay up €550 just to see that extra light or flash, or should it be that the most important is to just sit down and have a great time with your game and pc, not wondering or worrying about how many points or fps it produces. :confused:

There are still new games coming out that has specs. on Dx8.1 and even Dx7. It all depends on where and what type of games you like and play. I bought NHL 2004 the other day, and for the first time it is really fun to play because I can play my own national league. And it wants Dx 8.1.
:D

Well said, Nedraplan. The NVidia slamming around here is getting seriously dull.

Getting really tired of all the sad, childish ranting that I have been getting everytime I defend NVidia. Little kiddies and their "I 'owned' you cos I quoted some article I did not actually understand" posts....:rolleyes:

NVIDIA is leaving the graphics market as well did you guys hear that?

So, you mean that only Matrox and ATi will be left on the market?

In other words.. there will not be a Geforce 6?

Originally posted by S1RE
NVIDIA is leaving the graphics market as well did you guys hear that?

they have said no such thing... they have said they will concentrate less on the gfx market.. which is odd since the company makes most of its revenue from gfx chips...

From my understanding the nVidia report basically said that they were considering lowering their presence in the graphical market and increasing their knowledge and production within other fields.

Originally posted by Aspenglade
From my understanding the nVidia report basically said that they were considering lowering their presence in the graphical market and increasing their knowledge and production within other fields.
\
hmmm wonder why?

Originally posted by Nitris
where does it say that? I can't find it :confused:

it was posted round the web recently..

nvidia margins are more important than what consumers want/like... it is a business afterall...

they want to get into the small handheld market/mobiles and expand into other fields much like ati has succesfully done... their biggest profits margins currently are on their nforce2 chipsets... ati looks to be stealing some thunder when it comes out with intel based boards with igp's... the first looks seems quite promising...

Exactly what I was talking about- not sure if they're wont be a geforce 6 but I hope there is or else ATI will own all and maybe become like NVIDIA releasing chip after chip with no real performance b/c of all the added features. If NVIDIA does stick around it will keep up the competition and make it better for all of us- each company will want the best chip, like now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back