GTA Vice City wont run on NTFS

B

biker_125

When i tried this game on FAT32 it worked fine when i installed it and double clicked on the icon but when i switched from FAT32 to NTFS it doesnt do anything when i double click on the icon. i tried reinstalling it 3 times. it doesnt even load when i try to double click on the .exe file. why would it be doing this? could u help me fix it?

Welcome to the forums biker_125. :)

You said you reinstalled 3 times. Did you uninstall it first or just over the top. There's no reason why it should not work on NTFS.

i uninstalled it first then i installed it. idk why its doing this

Is this the only causing grief? If it is other stuff then you could try doing a repair of xp. Insert the xp cd, boot up & follow the screen to the repair option. Something might have gone screwy when you changed the file system.

well i switch back and forth between FAT32 and NTFS about 4 times.

Switching without a format like that would be asking for trouble. I don't think any file system would like to be changed then changed back then changed again. Best to stick to the one file system. Looks like the repair option might do it. Use fat32 or ntfs. Don't keep switching. I prefer ntfs as I don't dual boot with win9x.

well i would go back to FAT32 but i dont know any way to keep my documents private.

Maybe you could make a FAT32 partition and put GTA on it. Kind of sucks to have to do that, but hey...

how would i make half my hard drive NTFS and the other half FAT32?

Originally posted by biker_125
how would i make half my hard drive NTFS and the other half FAT32?

use a program like partition magic... you can set it up with that app without having to do too much work...

I don't know if you can get an evaluation copy or not... but something like PM will work well :)

Originally posted by Handy
Partition Magic will do that. It's really an incredible little program. :D

:cool:

beat you to it by a coupla seconds :D

AAAAAARGH!!! lol...oh well. :rolleyes: At least we were both on the right track. Heeeey...I've been wondering why GTA has been crashing on me. I just uninstalled it, throwing myself to the mercy of the Rockstar North programmers.

It depends on where you get it from. I'll leave it at that. Officially, no. It's actually quite expensive.

-edit- sry m8.. had to edit... we do not condone using warezed products or provide information about where they can be obtained... :) .... Sazar -edit-

I'm not suggesting that. Your computer and the activities you perform while using it are your business.

well is there any other way to make half NTFS and the other half FAT32

Originally posted by biker_125
well is there any other way to make half NTFS and the other half FAT32

Yes, you will have to boot to dos, using fdisk to divide your hard drive into two partitions. If the only hard drive you have is the one with Windows, you will have to reinstall it. Partition Magic manages to do this without reinstalling anything. There is one program that claims it has more functionality than PM -- BootIt Next Generation. It's only $30.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back