Free Downloadable Music

just wanted to say.... not ALL music that's recorded live sounds better. I mean, it has to be recorded in the correct way. if it's the actual record company sittin behind the artists with the recording gear and everything, then it's excellent. if it's someone trying to be cool sitting in the front row at the concert with a handheld MP3 recorder like an Archos Jukebox or something, then it's gonna sound like crap due to the voices of everyone else around him/her shouting out at the band while he sits there feeling like an idiot.

PseudoKiller said:
I believe it is... last I heard it was... but everytime I watch the news anymore Bush comes on and mispronounces terra ... memo to Bush ... There aint no ****ing 'a' in terror you longhorn daddy coat tail riding army dodging numbnut.

That's the spirit :D

Now don't forget to vote...! For the other guy. :)

Back to music... The prob with buying CDs is that half the time and this is even if they (CDs) are on sale for 10 to 12 dollars. You only get 2 songs 3 tops that are any good. There are of course exceptions. But any site that has free music, even if the bands, groups, artists aren't very known, is worth looking into.

The way the RIAA has everything now even if you buy per song online they still bleed you.

Hell half the artists out there rite now have crap. Many of the new modern artists are not that good. Have you heard some of these people live? Damn, it is in no way what you here on a CD. Yes I know... CDs are done in a studio, mixed by professionals. But ya still have to start with a good base. And some of these guy sound like crap live. But people are so frenzied by them at live events that they really don't care.

Some of the unknowns are a good fine, but some of us are probably a bit embarrassed of havin our friends see those songs 'cause they are not the new and popular artists of the moment.

And there is lots of live recordings out there that are excellent. Most that are legit recordings are plugged into the Engineers Board and they get it mixed correctly. Who in their rite mind is gonna download or buy some lame live recording that sounds like two whales humpin.

You can get a real good recording from some guy sitting in the front row with a couple of mic's. I just got a copy of Rush's fisrt show from the current tour and the sound is amazing for a guy with a couple of mics. It actually sounds better than their last two studio albums. Same with a King's X show I got recently.

And I'll agree that there is alot of crap out there musically right now. As Henry Rollins says, they wouldn't last 5 minutes of his pure rock fury.

Abbadon2001 said:
$2 a gallon..... i wish it was that cheap over here in the UK! Im looking at just under 80p a litre down here, and thats lower than avg in the UK right now. (That would equate to about $6.50 a gallon i think....)
Americans pay about 6p per litre in tax, europe about 80p and us (England and it's hangers on) nearly 89p.

That is why gas/petrol in USA seems cheaper.

Lee said:
Americans pay about 6p per litre in tax, europe about 80p and us (England and it's hangers on) nearly 89p.

That is why gas/petrol in USA seems cheaper.

Here's a breakdown of the price of gasoline (petrol for everyone across the pond :D) in California.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/margins/

And we pay an average of $2.50 a gallon here in San Francisco. And that's plain old regular unleaded.

Don't car about petrol/gas anyway, don't smoke, don't drink and don't drive any vehicle what so ever. So all those stealth taxes aint affecting me!

Lee said:
Don't car about petrol/gas anyway, don't smoke, don't drink and don't drive any vehicle what so ever. So all those stealth taxes aint affecting me!
wow... you must live an exciting life .... :rolleyes:

Oh and on topic. Anyone that grabs a copy of just "joe the taper" doesn't expect much. There are however MANY tapers out there at shows that know what there doing .. have the mics, laptops and software they need. And any band that is worth anything is better sounding live :)

i feel bad for you guys, gas in our area is 90 cents a gallon

and we dont pay for it, most companies pay for your gas over here, like my dad's

nads said:
Here's a breakdown of the price of gasoline (petrol for everyone across the pond :D) in California.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/gasoline/margins/

And we pay an average of $2.50 a gallon here in San Francisco. And that's plain old regular unleaded.

I was reading in the Sun newspaper, which someone kindly left on a train seat, a rundown of the taxes on a litre, said 6p for USA. I see the prices you have posted they go up and then down, in your money I think 6p is about 11cents.

To be honest I think they got to hike up Petrol prices, cut out the middle east and use Russia, USA, Canada and now India (as they found a massive deep hole of the black gold), we too have our own small supply, to cut global warming, get the public transport systems running to at least a brilliant standard and get people to cycle or walk to work.

A bit off the point slightly. I walk from my Cottage across a small housing estate near my kids School. A man and about 10 Women, if they went through a small lane, instead of taking a mile round journey in their cars to transport their ever increasing mass of kids, then it would cut out pollution and get them fitter, they would lose weight. If you imagine around the UK 70% of people will drive 200 yards to buy a newspaper rather than walk. They take their children to school still arrive late and drive less than 1 mile.
So many examples of this 'no need for a car'.

On a finer note I can't blame some people who do drive to work rather than walk less than 5 miles, the trains are filthy, they are always late, buses are the same public transport in the UK is far too expensive and just plain crap as a service.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back