Free Downloadable Music

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Ok, so Napster got shut down. The RIAA went after Kazaa, and now you. iTunes and the new Napster et al. want you to pay too much for crappy mp3's, wma's, or aac's. So where do you turn if you want to stay on the right side of the RIAA's attorneys? Try the Live Music Archive:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree.php

it would be better if it was popular music like ac/dc and all the new popular bands

dreamliner77 said:
iTunes and the new Napster et al. want you to pay too much for crappy mp3's, wma's, or aac's.

79p? Yeah, absolute daylight robbery that is!

I think iTunes is great .. I like to support artists I like so maybe they'll keep making music as there is WAY to much junk out there right now. Along with archive.org I would suggest Further for good, FREE, live, legal music.

man, kazaa is shut down, or being payed for yet in some places at least. Just download as much as you can right now, and worry about this later.

Music sounds better live! Music would cost 10% of the price if it was recorded live!

Thanks for the link I will see if there is any E.L.O. live!

Lee said:
Music sounds better live! Music would cost 10% of the price if it was recorded live!
I agree .. after listening to some of the bands I like live there studio stuff just doesn't seem the same (though I buy it to support them .. and it's still good just I view it differently is all). Some bands are also begining to notice fans are into live shows and are begining to sell them either right after the show or online later (ie. pearl jam, moe., phish, ect.). I think this is a great idea and gets fans more interested/involved in the live shows where the bands really make there $ anyways. :D

I agree. 99c per song on iTMS isn't really too much at all.
But I do think the bitrate should be higher than 128k AACs. The quality really doesn't come close to my 256k mp3 CD rips.

NetRyder said:
But I do think the bitrate should be higher than 128k AACs.
Agreed .. they could up it to 192 w/out that much more bw cost (filesize) or even higher. Oh well though :(

NetRyder said:
But I do think the bitrate should be higher than 128k AACs. The quality really doesn't come close to my 256k mp3 CD rips.

I still don't undertand why people will pay 99c (79p) per song or $10 an album when it's encoded at a low bitrate when you can go out and get the real cd with covers etc for $10-13. Most cd's only have 10-12 songs these days anyways, so you're paying essentially the same price for an inferior copy.

Well I'm lazy and gas is still over $2 a gallon and the mall is a drive :( Also I buy more singles then albums on iTunes. ;)

$2 a gallon..... i wish it was that cheap over here in the UK! Im looking at just under 80p a litre down here, and thats lower than avg in the UK right now. (That would equate to about $6.50 a gallon i think....)

Abbadon2001 said:
$2 a gallon..... i wish it was that cheap over here in the UK! Im looking at just under 80p a litre down here, and thats lower than avg in the UK right now. (That would equate to about $6.50 a gallon i think....)
Yeah just had this discussion on IRC :p Don't you all (sorry to generalize) for the most part drive smaller cars though? Also wouldn't be as bad if i lived in city where I could use some form of mass transportation.

its $1.88 here in muskegon,michigan. Thank good premium is like $1.95ish and thats what i use for my dirtbike...3 weeks ago it was $2.30! It was scaring me

ahh isnt great how Bush can pump billions of dollars into Iraq but the schools, milk and gas prices rise here in the US... irony is gas is free in Iraq... cant wait to get his ass out of office.

I believe it is... last I heard it was... but everytime I watch the news anymore Bush comes on and mispronounces terra ... memo to Bush ... There aint no ****ing 'a' in terror you longhorn daddy coat tail riding army dodging numbnut.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back