Firebird Discussion

thanks for sticking it :)
Did you get star downloader working?

Originally posted by dealer
pretty important topic guys, with no further ie development, users are going to have to have an alternative browser soon enough

great support from you guys.

I've made this a sticky

if you guys don't want this a sticky, feel free to take it down.

also I want to thank everyone for the help they've given me getting this browser configured

I never give up on a good fight.

Im happy i got you to try it, and found that you like it.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
thanks for sticking it :)
Did you get star downloader working?

yes speedy, perfectly

though those brief instructions are not for beginners, so here's the step by step for anyone interested

double click my computer, go to the c drive, or whatever drive you install your programs

then keep hitting the p on your keyboard till you get to "program files"

then keep hitting the S on your keyboard till you get to "star downloader"

double click that, look for the file mentioned above...right click, hit copy

then open your firebired folder, double ckick the "plugins"

hit control v

done

I can't go to yahoo games with this browser, I get a java exception;null

anyone?

yes, latest sun...coffee cup and everything

btw...I remember there's a way to turn off that coffee cup...know how?

Right click it, then hide icon :)

Could you give me a link to one of the yahoo games?

the aplet in your screeny is fine on my box also...load the game board, that's the issue.

click oon one of the games to play or watch

give me another ste and apalet, and I'll tell you if I get a java problem on a site that works for you

gonna get going and get back to this later

thanx again speedy

here's my screenshot

ps...I can't get the home page to stick either, as you can see in my screeny

very interestin

first, I got the same error as on yahoo...plus an unresponsive program in the bird

reloaded, and the aplets went to work fine

anyway, my original screeny didn't take,so here's a zip of that error from yahoo

Originally posted by NetRyder
You might need to do something before installing the Flash plugin. Download this .reg file (http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/resources/firebird.reg) and open it in Notepad. Edit the path in the file to your Firebird installation, and then double click the file to add the required keys to the registry. This is what the unofficial Firebird installer does as well.
After you've done that, try doing what I mentioned in my previous post.

If it doesn't work, we might have to look for some other way.

NetRyder, just got a chance to try this out. My installation is on D:, so I changed the path in the .reg file before I ran it. After doing so, I reinstalled Flash, but still no luck. I'm wondering if I should just delete everything and use the installer, because it seems that fewer people have issues with that for some reason.

Originally posted by muzikool
NetRyder, just got a chance to try this out. My installation is on D:, so I changed the path in the .reg file before I ran it. After doing so, I reinstalled Flash, but still no luck. I'm wondering if I should just delete everything and use the installer, because it seems that fewer people have issues with that for some reason.

That's quite strange. I've never had a problem installing Flash on regular zip-based builds. But you could go ahead, and see if the installer helps.

Make sure you backup your bookmarks.html file from the Phoenix profile folder if you want to retain your existing bookmarks, then delete the entire profile folder, and the MozillaFirebird directory before running the installer to avoid any conflicts.

Originally posted by dealer
very interestin

first, I got the same error as on yahoo...plus an unresponsive program in the bird

reloaded, and the aplets went to work fine

anyway, my original screeny didn't take,so here's a zip of that error from yahoo

Weird, loads fine here. I am unable to get to the bottom of this.

Dealer, are you using a nightly build or the public release? And if a nightly, which one?

Dealer, are you using a nightly build or the public release? And if a nightly, which one?

o.6.1

Mozilla/4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.1; U)

someone put up a link to a differant version, I'll install to a differant location

10x d00d

'I'm on slow now, I'll get that later when I'm on fast

10x again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back