Firebird Discussion

ha

couple of p0rn sites

got it worked out I think...the pages were hangin and not loading completely...have to hit escape, and I think that was it

I'll pm a link if I get more of these sites that gives me the same trouble

and

AS far as i know it loads from Top to bottom here, even on my dads 56 K.

I have yet to see it go the other way.

when I get a page, I can immediatly go to the bottom, long before it's finnished loading...hmmm

ok, another fix for me please

is there anyway to change the default download manager to my star downlaoder program?

thanx again in advance...I'm at work so I won't be able to give thanx till later

from http://www.stardownloader.com/faq/index.php?op=view&t=4
How do I get Star Downloader to work with my Mozilla based browser?
Just copy the the file npstar.dll (from the Star Downloader installation folder) to your browsers "plugin" folder. Star Downloader will only intercept clicks on the most common file types

Your browsers plugin folder is simply a folder called "plugins" where ever you installed FireBird, for example C:\Program Files\mozillafirebird\plugins

Something that's annoying me about FireBird is that they've made javascript:window.sidebar.addPanel(); links recognised as a method to just add a bookmark. But when using the web panel (I think thats its name) extension those links are supposed to add sidebars, and there's no other method to do so.
Anyone know how to sort that out ?

[edit] 20030904 is installed at the moment.

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Something that's annoying me about FireBird is that they've made javascript:window.sidebar.addPanel(); links recognised as a method to just add a bookmark. But when using the web panel (I think thats its name) extension those links are supposed to add sidebars, and there's no other method to do so.
Anyone know how to sort that out ?

[edit] 20030904 is installed at the moment.

There were a few intermediate nightlies that had test versions of the built-in "Web Panel" That was possibly why javascript:window.sidebar.addPanel(); was meant to add a shortcut in a specific bookmark folder, which would in turn be displayed in the Web Panel. The Web Panel was then removed from the nightly builds for some reason.
The extension you are talking about is called "WebBar" and I think the extension overrides the javascript function so that the link is added to the web bar rather than to the bookmarks.

I'm not sure I exactly understood your question, but if what I just mentioned answered it...well and good. If not, could you show me an example of where the conflict occurs?

It did answer it yeah, I knew that the sidebar had been added/removed from the nightlies. I just find it annoying that they left in the javascript to be a bookmark method. The links on my sidebars page are examples.

and webbar doesnt override it :confused:

Looks like you're right. According to the WebBar page (http://basic.mozillanews.org/), the extension doesn't work in recent nightlies.

Note: in recent Firebird builds the WebBar may no longer work, use Web Panels that come with Firebird instead.

Guess we have to wait until the add to bookmarks function is removed, or for the Web Panels to be finally implemented. :(

Damnit. At the moment as my sidebars have all been added into a folder, I can just open them in tabs.. not quite the same, but it's ok for now :)

Hmm...since the WebBar extension installs to the profile folder, wouldn't it be possible to install a pre-Web panels build, install all the sidebars into the WebBar, and then update to the latest nightly without deleting the profile folder?

I'll try it out now. Might work ;)

well it installs, you just can't add anything to it. I could probably install is then copy my mozilla 'panels.rdf' over, but I think I'll wait for the webpanel to be properly implimented.

What I meant was you could add all the sidebars you want to the WebBar while using the 0.6.1 milestone, and then update to the latest nightly.
It seems to have worked...screenshot attached :)

yes, and the sidebars you add are stored in panels.rdf (i think :p ) so i could just copy that file from my mozilla profile into the firebird profile.

Really? I thought panels.rdf was the file that stored Mozilla sidebars rather than WebBar ones.
Why don't you backup your existing file, overwrite it with the Mozilla one, and see if it works?

Worked fine, just moved the attached file into my FireBird... or rather "Phoenix" (you would of thought that would be changed by now) profile folder :)

Ah, looks like you're right. Just opened my panels.rdf file in Notepad and found all the sidebars I had added to WebBar.
Interesting ;)

Aha! The web panel actually is in 20030904. You open it via the SideBar bookmarks though, instead of view>sidebar.

Still not as good as webbar, so i'll stick with that for now ;)

pretty important topic guys, with no further ie development, users are going to have to have an alternative browser soon enough

great support from you guys.

I've made this a sticky

if you guys don't want this a sticky, feel free to take it down.

also I want to thank everyone for the help they've given me getting this browser configured

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back