[Finished] OSNN & HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway

I am very excited about this...and am awaiting the rules on how to win!!! There is one already in place. From what I get off the other website they will ship anywhere's U.S or not and its coming from the US..the specs on the machine are an Intel Core2 Extreme Processor X9000, and 4GB of Ram,20.1? High Def monitor, and a 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS video card and alot more that I can't put into my post!!! Keep me informed on what is going on

Such a cool competition :)

Looks like Ars Technica has forgotten all about it, though :p

Count me in please.
I havnt won anything on the Internet before and would love this system to be in my living room. (as long as Its out of reach of the 3 kids thqat is)

I'm really excited but everyone should check out the pics because this laptop is the size of a monster.

I hope it's not a story thing, that would make me a sad panda. :( If so I've pretty much counted myself out as it's not worth the work. :p

Finished typing things up and I am just about ready for launch :p

Finished typing things up and I am just about ready for launch :p

What's your time zone, and when will you launch it? :)

Edit: I meant what time :D

Last edited:

Any ideas when it'll launch? :)

<table><tbody><tr><td>Website</td><td>Contest starts</td><td>Winner Announced</td></tr><tr><td>OSNN.net</td><td>May 4</td><td>May 11</td></tr></tbody></table>
little hint :p

Aaaaaa, the wonderment of new members.

THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED

OSNN is a big and close-knit community where our primary focus is discussing a large and diverse field of topics on our forums. I have discussed how we wanted to do this competition and we decided to make a part of it simple to allow members both new and old a fair chance at winning the giveaway.

The first part of the competition is simple and as follows – you just have to answer the following questions:
  1. What operating system does the OSNN server use?
  2. What name did OSNN/NTFS originally have when it started?
  3. Which operating system was originally the site’s main focus?
  4. What date was the first news post made on the front page?
  5. What Microsoft community is OSNN a member of?
  6. When is the Electronic Punk’s birthday?
The answers can be found by using some common sense, a little bit of the search function and learning about the history of OSNN.

The second part is a little more complicated and will require some participation.

I have decided that whoever wins this competition must be an active member of the community, however this does not rule out those that have yet to become members as they have a week to show that they are!

Anyone can submit answers to the questions above and a winner will be chosen from those with the correct answer a week from today. This member will then be checked to make sure that they have made a valuable contribution to our forums and truly become a good member.

Only members that have had their first post moderated will be able to create visible posts and submit their answers but don’t worry the OSNN team will quickly authorize valid posts and you will then be able to submit your answers.

There is no advantage to submitting your answers early so take your time and make sure they are correct as duplicate entries will all be removed. Any duplicate submissions from the same IP address will also be removed. Just make sure that you submit your answers before next Sunday begins as the form will be disabled at some point next Sunday and the winner will be chosen.

As for new members, making your contribution is simple, it doesn’t have to be giving answers to those unanswered questions, but you can ask your own questions, comment on anything you see and generally have fun.

To cover myself, my decision on the winner will be final and I reserve the right to change the competition rules should it be necessary. The questions themselves however will not be changed so don’t worry if you are sure about your answers when you submit them. Should I find an error in my answer to the questions I will deal with it accordingly and may allow incorrect answers.

Any valid OSNN member is welcome to take part of the competition including team members, I will not be taking part in the competition and have not shared any information on the questions with anyone else.

You can submit your answers using this form:
COMPETITION CLOSED

Please do not change the message subject as it will not be correctly filtered and will not be entered into the competition. I do anticipate a lot of entries so please do not exceed the 6 answers. If you do so, I may well see this as an incorrect entry and your mail might not be included in the draw.

Good luck and once again I would like to say a big thank you to both HP and Buzz Corps for making this competition possible.

THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED

Last edited:

I so don't want to check my email this week!
Ok, so the competition is now live - please let me know about any issues so they can be sorted as soon as possible.

Re: OSNN HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway Now Happening!

Phew, they were tough! All sent in now, though :)

The second part is either going to be tougher and/or more fun though!

A special hint - NTFS.org is not the answer to question 2. - you will have to dig deeper!

I am is new member from Indonesia, I still newbie can I participate this contest

I already waiting for this moment. Hi I from Indonesia I am newbie but I wish participate this contest:):rambo:

A special hint - NTFS.org is not the answer to question 2. - you will have to dig deeper!
Why I can't post reply to this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Mumtazanas.. your first post had to be approved by moderators. Now that your first posts have been approved, you are free to post without any delays.

hey ep.. in #4, u mean first news since its osnn, right? or from before

I hope I will win this contest

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back