Final upgrade list

I haven't cleaned in ages. Haven't needed to this time. Last time was driver failure big time, it must be.. well over 6 months since last i wiped, I don't like doing it - All that driver hunting

WTF?!? Am i going mad or is the BFG 6800gt OC not listed on the pcw cc?! :dead:
.... it better magically appear again otherwise i'll be... pissed off the say the least

Not sure whats happening mate didn't receive mine today as was planned. Have emailed them but have had no reply, Order status says ready for delivery but i have my doubts :(

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB AGP £202.59 1 Ready to deliver

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB AGP is now unavailable for purchase

Oh wtf :cries:
Great! just bloody great, for the price of the other GTs i may as well just ****ing wait till i can afford an ultra.

Hope yours comes through mate :)

Well I've decided saving for the Ultra will be the best option. Thought the car's MOT was febuary, it's actually in two days :suprised: Great stuff

Probably order the PC after my MOT so, late next week (depending on how much it sets me back)

lol... too cheap to be sold to you guys so they withdrew the product? :D

ming said:
lol... too cheap to be sold to you guys so they withdrew the product? :D

Quite.

I don't know, that was 200 excl vat, the xfx gt is 251excl vat. Might as well push 300 excl vat and get the BFG ultra, when i can.

I'm gonna splurge and get me an ultra I think this weekend or next perhaps :)

we'll see...

still in two minds over whether I should... or instead get a cpu/pci-e mobo and go SLi..

Sazar said:
I'm gonna splurge and get me an ultra I think this weekend or next perhaps :)

we'll see...

still in two minds over whether I should... or instead get a cpu/pci-e mobo and go SLi..

Hmmmm it's the problem I had (but diff money matter with me probably)

The choice was: PCI-E and GT
or AGP and Ultra.

That's a difficult choice, because I could by rights save up for another gt, but Uni and stuff in summer (I can't afford it :cry: )

SLi's a great thing, but by the time I could afford a 2nd card; they'd both be crap heh. Seemed pointless for the amount of money i've got

Right well, ordered my stuff tonight - Change of plan, now a morerounded system (after much debate :)) but it now looks as follows:

Processor: 3500+ Winchester
Motherboard: MSI Neo2 Platinum
Memory: 2x512mb Corsair XMS3200Pro 2-2-2-5
Graphics: BFG 6800 Ultra OC
HDD: 80gb Maxtor 7200rpm
Opticals: 16xDVD-Rom and 32x12x40x CD-RW
Floppy
PSU: Antec Truepower 480w
Soundcard: Creative Audigy
CPU Cooler: Zalman 7000b-CU
Case: Antec Plusview 1000
Cooling: 3x Antec 80mm LED Fans.
Operating System: Windows XP home
Keyboard and Mouse: USB Keyboard and MX1000 Laser Mouse.

The parts should be arriving tuesday :D

ming said:
:devious:

What's the growl about? Feel the love man

ming said:
You buying a flippy flopp drive?
audigy or audigy 2?

Half way through debating using onboard sound on new mobo and keepingmy audigiy 1 in this one (because this one has no onboard sound). Dunno what to do with this other system in all honesty :rolleyes:

not growling... just an evil grin. :p i'm sure you get the message. ;)

thekore said:
i didnt think people used floppies anymore... i havent for at least 3 years
:eek:

Well, I'll always have one in my machine so that there's one available whenever its service is required. e.g. boot to DOS/Ghost.
I could boot from CDs of course, but I wouldn't want to waste a CD just to boot into a DOS/DOS-based program.

you can boot to dos using a flash drive...that's what I do at least

I've got a floppy on this one i was gonna steal over to the next system but i may just not bother,

Evil grin, Ming?

Tuffgong4 said:
you can boot to dos using a flash drive...that's what I do at least

I'll probably do that when I get my new system. But it all depends on whether I'll be able to use flash drives for back up on other machines, say in uni. etc.

Moonwraith said:
I've got a floppy on this one i was gonna steal over to the next system but i may just not bother,

Evil grin, Ming?

Can I mock your updated specs again? :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back