Final upgrade list

not when you can afford an fx 55... I own the 3800+ and am very happy with it

tommy said:
not when you can afford an fx 55... I own the 3800+ and am very happy with it

True, but i'm in a position where i can't afford anything else. Most of this budget is on the processor, (s'got to last me a while)

How about is a say please? ;)

Nah you're good cheers :)
I'm waiting for the bfg 6800 gt oc to come back in stock so i can complete my upgrades

Yep sure am can't beat that! it was in stock last night then when i got up this morning it was out of stock :(

Yey! 100 posts :)

heh congrats - keep this up and we'll spam our ways to 1000 heh

Yeah, damn hadn't noticed PCW was out of stock <sighs> Good thing i'm not ordering now.

Moonwraith said:
heh congrats - keep this up and we'll spam our ways to 1000 heh

Yeah, damn hadn't noticed PCW was out of stock <sighs> Good thing i'm not ordering now.

whoa boy. If I had the powers, I'd shut you down. :p
I find stuff in PCW quite expensive compared to the likes of Dabs and Ebuyer. Then again, they may not have the exact item that you're looking for.

ha.. I looked at your post count, Moonwraith.. it matches your Rep points. :p

ming said:
ha.. I looked at your post count, Moonwraith.. it matches your Rep points. :p
Good eye, I wouldn't have noticed that unless you said something about it! :D

About pcworld, I have to admit I do tend to avoid them due to costs, but at times you can find some decent 'bargins'. The component centre especially has a few neat stuff, although i'm not sure if the prices are the same as the ones on their website.

But erm, i'm digressing there. Good luck on your new setup, keep us informed with any changes :)

Depends if you're talking about the UK PCW or not. They do sometimes have really good deals.

ming said:
Depends if you're talking about the UK PCW or not. They do sometimes have really good deals.

A bfg 6800 gt oc for £238.05 (inc tax) is a bloody good deal for pc world imo :)

Yeah pcworld component centre rocks, the actual site is hilarious, check out the prices of the 5700 on both. The main website is more expensive :D Rep/Post count, out of balance now!
I think i got attacked by the rep fairy

Moonwraith said:
Yeah pcworld component centre rocks, the actual site is hilarious, check out the prices of the 5700 on both. The main website is more expensive :D Rep/Post count, out of balance now!
I think i got attacked by the rep fairy

boooo.. wish i did. :p
do you know if the component centre is an online only trade or can you get the same deal in-store?

the prices in store are nuts, same as the main site- if not slightly more.

My sis' fx5200 (about 5 months ago) PCI version, costs us little under £100

Moonwraith said:
the prices in store are nuts, same as the main site- if not slightly more.

My sis' fx5200 (about 5 months ago) PCI version, costs us little under £100

That's bloody expensive... I bought a fx5200 last year AGP for only £50

I still couldn't believe that BFG 6800GT was selling so low; my leadtek equivalent cost me at least £30 more. Hope the price stays the same when more stock arrive, looks like a good buy :)

Moonwraith!
The Bfg 6800 gt is back in stock mate :) just placed my order thought i'd let you know

tommy said:
Moonwraith!
The Bfg 6800 gt is back in stock mate :) just placed my order thought i'd let you know

Great :D Cheers mate

Tommy: My automated stock announcement :D

You'll be getting it a while before me (another week to go!) Let me know what you think of it :D

Urgh, maybe there wasn't many... or you got the only one ;)

BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB AGP
Not available

Jeez, you guys scare me. Re-formating is not a replacment for computer maintenance.

My last install of XP was 18 months old and operating without degradation when I was forced to reinstall by an upgrade from VIA to NF2 chipset MBs. Note this was a windows reinstall, not a re-format.

My current install is 9 months old and running with no degradation. Which puts me at 27 months without a reformat. That includes 2 disk size upgrades, a partition size re-adjustment, and 3-4 virus infection/removals in the last year.

Just:
-clean your registry about every 3 months.
-uninstall the crud you don't use.
-defragment once a month and when uninstalling crud.
-run adaware or spybot S&D weekly

Whcih reminds me. Time to feed the computer dust bunnies to the vacuum cleaner. cyl.

Edit:
Cough, retch, gag. I seem to have missed a few cleainings this winter, ahchoooo.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back