Einsteins Riddle

E

Eve

Below is Einstein's Famous Riddle. When he wrote this riddle, he said 98% of the World would not be able to solve it.

Can you? Are you the in top 2% of intelligent people in the World?

1. There are 5 houses in five different colours
2. In each house lives a person with a different Nationality
3. These five owners drink a certain type of Beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar and keep a certain pet
4. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same beverage

The Question is: Who owns the fish?

1) The Brit guy lives in the Red house
2) The Swede keeps dogs as pets
3) The Dane drinks tea
4) The green house is on the left of the white house
5) The green house owner drinks coffee
6) The person who smokes Pall Mall Rears Birds
7) The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill
8) The man living right in the center drinks milk
9) The Norwegian lives in the first house
10) The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who has cats
11) The man who keeps horses lives next to the one that smokes Dunhill
12) The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer
13) The German smokes Prince
14) The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
15) The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water

To make this easier print out the clues and then draw a table with 6 columns and 5 rows. Put the headings: Colour, Nationality, Beverage, Cigarette and Pet into the rows of the last column and work from there. Use a pencil and eraser rather than a pen so you can correct mistakes rather than reprint the page.

Also there is only 1 correct answer. You will know if you got it right if all of the above clues are correct when you have completed it. Good Luck!:D

BTW: I got it! Woohoo, I am s**t hot!;) Ok gloating over. Let me know how you got on and please, do not post the answer.

That puts me in the 98%
Cos I haven't a clue
:(

Zigzag: see above I've edited it. In the version I did there are more clues. I found it and added them above. It makes it a bit easier. Still, saying that it still took me above and hour to do. *lol*

You know i would try it but.....um i don't wanna

well im on my lunch break, my brain switch's off at lunchtime!! :D

Listen to all the excuses come out now
just admit it you have no idea
;)

Look guys, you're not gonna get it staring at a computer screen. Print it out and have a look at it later when you have time. Trust me, once you start you will positively have to keep going until you get it. I know I did. *S*

OK ok, i'll do it later! geez "mom" give me abreak :)

:confused: Can you please give me a clue? :) What kind of fish is it?;)

* Bytes looks at it, is completely baffled !! *

* Fluffy looks at it and runs off to find a pencil sharpener ;) *

:) I've got it;) Highlight 'Einstein's riddle' - right click - Google search...Oooh, you say I am cheating : ;) :eek:
btw I don't have a fish, used to have whippets and I smoke West;)

Yoyo: finding out the answer doesn't tell you how to get it and even if it did. It doesn't give you the satisfaction of knowing you got it yourself and are "superior" ;) well I guess now you'll never know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back