does anyone else here hate itunes?

Myself I hate both Quicktime and realplayer, they both suck. I hate quicktime even more because itunes is packaged with it. So both get installed, no option to just do quicktime.

Don't know enough about it to hate it, just know that I won't use it... does that count???

Jozhik said:
Don't know enough about it to hate it, just know that I won't use it... does that count???
Not really. Why won't you use? I see you "Don't know enough about it", yet have already formed a negative idea of it. Perhaps you should try it. ;)

Well I had to reformat my compute recently so I lost all my music luckly I had it on my iPod but guess what when you reconnect it to this reformatted this computer it asks about changing your library to this computer or something like that so I did not realizing it deleted all my damned music off my iPod...then I go in and hey guess what..."All purchased music can only be downloaded once" so yeah I only had bought about 45 dollars worth of music but still thats 45 ****ing dollars...So im back to pirating...I tried going legit and paying for music but if whore companies like Apple want to only let me access music I payed for once then **** them in there ass....

I'm against anything apple-ish, including the fruit and beatles records (well, not beatles records.) :p
I'd never have iTunes installed unless it came with a newer version of quicktime, I don't like anything "maneging" my music besides myself :)

HoboNinja said:
Well I had to reformat my compute recently so I lost all my music luckly I had it on my iPod but guess what when you reconnect it to this reformatted this computer it asks about changing your library to this computer or something like that so I did not realizing it deleted all my damned music off my iPod...then I go in and hey guess what..."All purchased music can only be downloaded once" so yeah I only had bought about 45 dollars worth of music but still thats 45 ****ing dollars...So im back to pirating...I tried going legit and paying for music but if whore companies like Apple want to only let me access music I payed for once then **** them in there ass....
iTunes warns you all the time to back up your music. Also I don't know of any other music download service that is legit that will let you download your whole collection again. Also at least with iTunes you own your collection instead of renting it.

This is really user error and not Apples fault. Had you burned all your cd's and then asked the store to let you grab the cds you already had what do you think would happpen? Had you downloaded software (legit) from most companys and deleted it in a format what do you think would happen? I think the moral of the story is BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP.

Oh and don't format unless your sure you got everything. :p

I just recently switched to WMP10. I think it's better than iTunes. :)

I don't do any of those online legit download sites. With those, you are renting the music, not buying it .. I also saw somewhere that Apple is going to discontinue Quicktime and exclusively use WMP .. We will see when that happens if it si true or not ..

Johnny said:
I also saw somewhere that Apple is going to discontinue Quicktime and exclusively use WMP .. We will see when that happens if it si true or not ..
Apple just released Quicktime 7 for the Mac, and a Windows version is supposed to follow. It's not going anywhere just yet.

~bk said:
I just recently switched to WMP10. I think it's better than iTunes. :)
I agree. Never liked WMP9, but v10 was a huge improvement, and I've been using it exclusively ever since. :)

I like how MS finally added a MP3 incoder to their player w/o having to pay for it :). I dont care for itunes, its just another app that takes over. Installed it(never used it) and I will never do it again.

i hate programs taking over, if i want them to have the file associans i would have done it myself!

Johnny said:
I don't do any of those online legit download sites. With those, you are renting the music, not buying it .. I also saw somewhere that Apple is going to discontinue Quicktime and exclusively use WMP .. We will see when that happens if it si true or not ..
iTunes you do own it. Also why would Apple drop Quicktime for WMP? That be like trading a Hummer for a Geo Metro. :p

yeah, not really a joke

slight one there in that you install windows (any os for that matter) and it will take over your machine :p

Geffy said:
yeah, not really a joke

slight one there in that you install windows (any os for that matter) and it will take over your machine :p
Thats why I don't run an OS. I interface directly with the hardware

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back