does anyone else here hate itunes?

rant
Ug ok i love my ipod. But Itunes Drives me nutts. I CANT MODIFY MY PLAY LIST FROM MY LAPTOP... I cant do anything from it because i use my main comp as the primary comp. there should be at least 2 authorized computers. Sigh. there are lots of other things too.. but im not gona get into them. Im just ranting so.. /rant.

Could you elaborate on the multiple authorized computers issue you're having?

i just get irratated that i cant create playlist within itunes on my laptop and upload them to my ipod. Its not a big issue as the itunes software is doing what it was made to do. I just dont like the fact that im locked to one computer when i have 6 i use reguarly.
game rig/laptop/server/workcomp/worklaptop/ friends apartment.

Im just whining. Its late and im tired but i cant sleep hehe.

yeah I hate it too - because if it is installed the only real way to remove it from system is either a backup before or a refromat - software should not dig itself in like that and make itself a pain (and IMHO iTunez does).

Then again - I have no iPod - just an eensy weensy 512MB MP3 player.....

the whole authorization thing is just really annoying...somehow when i changed motherboards i had to reauthorize my computer (hardware ID change?). now i'm using 2 on actually just 1 computer. there's no way to edit your authorized computers through apple, you MUST deauthorize it on the actual computer you authorized it on. they should have some list format configuration thing online for this purpose. as far as itunes itself, i'm usually a huge fan of apple stuff, but on a pc i can't see why anyone would use itunes over winamp.

**** itunes, nothing but ****ed up ****ing ****ers with ****heads for company. Bunch of ****ing **** whores with whores for ****ing mothers

anopod by redchair software rocks for windows and is integrated into windows ... supports all ipods ...;

D

I was going to mention anopod. I use dudebox for my dell jukebox.. It rox ..

urmm, if you make it so you manage your iPod manually you can modify all the playlists and everything. And no, i dont hate iTunes, I love it. Mind you Im not using it on windows that much which could be a reason for that

Ephpod does everything I need(ed), just need to sort my iPod out now.

VenomXt said:
rant
Ug ok i love my ipod. But Itunes Drives me nutts. I CANT MODIFY MY PLAY LIST FROM MY LAPTOP... I cant do anything from it because i use my main comp as the primary comp. there should be at least 2 authorized computers. Sigh. there are lots of other things too.. but im not gona get into them. Im just ranting so.. /rant.
You seem to have not used iTunes. :p You can have 2 authorized machines no problem ... doing it as we speak.

logisticprism said:
the whole authorization thing is just really annoying...somehow when i changed motherboards i had to reauthorize my computer (hardware ID change?). now i'm using 2 on actually just 1 computer. there's no way to edit your authorized computers through apple, you MUST deauthorize it on the actual computer you authorized it on. they should have some list format configuration thing online for this purpose. as far as itunes itself, i'm usually a huge fan of apple stuff, but on a pc i can't see why anyone would use itunes over winamp.
Perhaps a bit of reading the iTunes help would do you some good, none of your points are valid. :ermm:

VenomXt said:
rant

i am so right there with you buddy. iTunes is the most crappiest of crappiest pieces of software that i have ever let my computer run. It is really annoying in its way of syncing to your iPod. That is why i use a piece of software (even though no longer supported :() thjat works well with my iPod. It is called EphPod it is a great piece of software. It does what i want it to do when i want it. Im not a real big fan of syncing to folders so i just drag and drop my albums into the EphPod and it puts it accordingly to the iPod. :) Hopefully this helps out some people :)

Xie said:
Perhaps a bit of reading the iTunes help would do you some good, none of your points are valid. :ermm:

really? i read the itunes help (a few months ago), and it said the only way to deauthorize a computer is to hit the deauthorize button in itunes on the actual computer. since this computer isn't the same anymore, i can't do that. if there's a better way, please inform me.

also i was just wondering regarding the itunes music store. is there any way you can redownload music that you've purchased let's say if you didn't back it up. i don't have this problem, but i was just wondering if it were possible given the scenario.

I disabled the automatic synchronization before I even started adding songs to my iPod for the first time. I hate "automatic" anything; I'll take "manual" anyday (I even drive a car with manual transmission :p ).

Melon

logisticprism said:
really? i read the itunes help (a few months ago), and it said the only way to deauthorize a computer is to hit the deauthorize button in itunes on the actual computer. since this computer isn't the same anymore, i can't do that. if there's a better way, please inform me.
I believe you can just send Apple a note (from iTunes help) and they will deauthorize it for you no problem @ all.

My friend installed this on my pc to get my mp3 collection, man was it a bizatch to remove...never again.

The thing I don't like most about Itunes is that it uses quicktime as the backbone. I hate quicktime. I think it is the most useless windows app ever made, next to real player .. I hate real player more ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back