Do you think a movie star will win the Flordia Recall election?

I agree with some of that gonaads. He hasn't yet described how he plans on tackling some of the issues that he has brought up. So far, he has only generalized his goals, but that is how most politicians start out. I hope that he has some fresh ideas that could actually work, cause I want you guys to have better lives out there. California definitely isn't the most conservative state, and I'm definitely not the most liberal of people, but I still wish the best for y'all! :D

Originally posted by gonaads
Yeah rite... :mad: And in the end we get BOZO number two. Different face same sh!t.
He also goes on about he has lots of money, he will not get bought off... The problem with that is you can be bought with other things besides money... POWER. And to be powerful in politics is MORE than being super rich.

Yea, he's put out a bunch of one liners, like saying "hasta la vista" to Gray Davis -- but no one knows what he actually stands for. Most reporters say he's a Republican, but not a conservative one. Running as the anti-Davis candidate won't bring you success in the governor's office.

It's an undemocratic process made even more asinine by all these people throwing their names in -- theoretically, if Davis has 45% of the vote, and 55% who want him recalled split among 30 candidates, the one with the most out of all of them, which could be 10%, will become governor. Am I right? This would mean more people could vote to keep Davis than vote for one of the candidates, and the latter's vote would mean more than the former's.

Quite a mess...

30+ people can grab their papers to run for governor, but can all of them actually be on the ballot once it's time to vote? I'm not sure about the specifics, but doesn't it narrow down to just a few in the end... Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc.?

Americans, they love there movie stars. Can't see why he wouldn't get in if george bush can.

sorry, can't help paying him out...see sig...

EDIT: got rid of my drunken ranting :D

Originally posted by themafia_69
u have to be us born? but u can have any backround right?

I lost it when I read this one - of couse you have to have a background - the worse (shadier) the background you have - the better your chance of being elected!!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by damnyank
I lost it when I read this one - of couse you have to have a background - the worse (shadier) the background you have - the better your chance of being elected!!:rolleyes:

lol I wish that weren't the case, but it seems to be more and more true each year :)

Arnold's background has been researched extensively, I'm sure. If there's anything bad to be said about him, though, rumors won't pop up until a couple of days before the election (because of political strategies, of course). Mark my words

Originally posted by damnyank

oooh oh... Governor Larry Flint. :eek:

I can just see all the assistants (female of course :p) walkin around the State Capitol in lingerie with all their goodie hangin out all over da place.

*Return of Caligula!*

Originally posted by gonaads
oooh oh... Governor Larry Flint. :eek:

I can just see all the assistants (female of couse :p) walkin around the State Capitol in lingerie with all their goodie hangin out all over da place.

*Return of Caligula!*

ROFL! :D Terrible...

Let us not forget Gary Coleman for Gov.

One article says “Under the rules of the recall election, any jerk can run for governor. All you need is $3,500 and 65 friends who’ve had a bit too much to drink, and the state is legally obligated to put you on the ballot.”

http://www.msnbc.com/news/949247.asp?0sl=-11

Originally posted by muzikool
30+ people can grab their papers to run for governor, but can all of them actually be on the ballot once it's time to vote? I'm not sure about the specifics, but doesn't it narrow down to just a few in the end... Republican, Democrat, Independent, etc.?
AFAIK it does not narrow down.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/08/09/state1614EDT0089.DTL

Election officials said by noon Saturday that at least 458 Californians had taken out candidacy papers. Though far fewer officially filed, voters face a ballot crowded with several well-known Republicans and at least nine Democrats.

For any NTFSers interested in running ;)
To be on the Oct. 7 ballot to replace California Gov. Gray Davis, a candidate must pay a $3,500 filing fee and submit the signatures of 65 registered California voters by 5 p.m. PDT Aug. 9. A candidate can avoid paying the fee by submitting 10,000 signatures.

Once the candidates have turned in the fee and signatures, they are considered qualified for the ballot. Their candidacies will be officially certified as on the ballot Aug. 13, when the secretary of state's office has verified the signatures.

At 11 a.m. PDT Aug. 11, a random will take place to determine the spot on the ballot for each candidate.

Anyone interested in voting in the Oct. 7 election must register by Sept. 22.

Interesting. So do I have to live in California to file for candidacy? ;)

Dont think you have to live here...just have a residency in the state.

You can use my addy if you want in.

:)

Sadly...as of this posting....TheTerminater leads.

Let his political views be as strong as his one liners.

.. But he can never run for President, right?

As he is born in Austria....

Originally posted by Codasmd
Sadly...as of this posting....TheTerminater leads.

Let his political views be as strong as his one liners.

He leads no more.

Guess people arent to thrilled that he wants to raise taxes. :eek:

I'll make a new vote on the topic "Would you vote for a celeberty to win the Californa recall election?"

Would you vote for "The Terminator" in the California recall?

The name says it all! Would you pick Arnold or not?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back