December Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for such a silly question, but the program people are running on windows machines to get the Mac type icons along the bottom of the screen is called what?

mobile.ntfs.org is currently running vBulletin 3 it's just a live test of the software :)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
Sorry for such a silly question, but the program people are running on windows machines to get the Mac type icons along the bottom of the screen is called what?
ObjectDock, MobyDock, Y'z Dock, or some other dock app. :)

www.wincustomize.com

look @ links for object dock

Alright, well I got objectdock...but since this program pretty much takes care of every function the task bar did, is there a way to get rid of it now? Other then just putting it on auto-hide that is..

if you open up objectdock options... go to the tab that says dockcontents and click on the hide taskbar..

that way the objectdock will be your primary toolbar..

Great! But this creates one small problem...what about programs that dock themselves in the corner of the task bar (by the clock) such as bit torrent. Is there any way to set it up so it sees those programs as being running as well?

not sure... you can check out the docklets available on wincustomize to see if you have that option...

the only thing I usually have going is my volume icon and I just dl'd a docklet for it

Great! But this creates one small problem...what about programs that dock themselves in the corner of the task bar (by the clock) such as bit torrent. Is there any way to set it up so it sees those programs as being running as well?

I moved my taskbar to the top and made it very thin so that I can access the tray icons when I need them. The setup is much like a Mac in that way, and it works out for me. Chances are that you won't find docklets for every program that you run in the tray, so it may be that you need access to the taskbar at times. I suggest moving the taskbar to the top or setting it to auto-hide.

Well thats one solution, but I was wondering if there is any way that you can actually disable tray icons all together and make it so programs like MSN and Trillian actually just minimize like normal programs?

Well thats one solution, but I was wondering if there is any way that you can actually disable tray icons all together and make it so programs like MSN and Trillian actually just minimize like normal programs?

you have the option for some apps to run them in the taskbar instead of the notification area... just like a minimized item... an example would be winamp

the problem is you have to start these apps and then minimise them...

the further problem is you take time opening and minimizing or if you load @ startup.. you extend your startup time...

Yeah, I understand how you would like to have all functionality from the dock itself... I wanted the same thing. But OD just released to v1.0, and development of the others has either stopped or is at about the same place as OD. So there is still much that can be done, and I'm hoping that future versions might address this issue in some way. For now, you'll probably have to work around this lack of customization, or inconvenience yourself such as Sazar suggested.

i don't know. sorry. i just make them how i like them and don't really plan on releasing them when i start to do it. most of them never get finished, that's why they are never released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back