December Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you like the wallpaper Evil Marge :)

Originally posted by NetRyder
Linux December desktop:
===========================
Desktop: Gnome 2.4.0
Metacity Theme: Panther
Background: Linux Christmas
Icons: Gorilla
Other: top, gkrellm, XMMS
===========================

Click to release teh l33t festive penguin.

Damnit, why do you do that, now i have to just go try out gnome again.

Originally posted by Geffy
argh you been talkin to henyman about spelling noooooooooooo

its check ;)

Allhope# rm -rf /usr/home/geffy
Allhope# pw user del geffy
Allhope# pw group del geffy
Allhope# pw user del root
Allhope# pw group del wheel
Allhope# shutdown -h now

Bwhahahaha :p

J/K

Originally posted by j79zlr
Glad you like the wallpaper Evil Marge :)
I sure do ,sorry I forgot to say thanks to j79zlr for the wall and wadada for the icons :D

I used to use Fluxbox a lot on my old 550MHz desktop, so that everything would run nice and fast.

I actually have both Dropline Gnome and Fluxbox installed on my laptop now. Keep switching between them depending on what I want to do. Gnome runs really well too. Never liked KDE at all for some reason.

I personally like KDE, its very reactive on my main box, on my second box, a 500 Mhz AMD k6 i prefer some slim WM, mostly blackbox, but i have yet to get it back up.

Gnome and KDE just feel too much like windows :) I don't want a start menu whether it has a gear or a footprint on it :p I have them installed though, so I can use Konqueror for file browsing, gedit for a text editor, and I like the games they both install.

And I see that EP has the zips for vB 2 and vB 3. EP may be planning a upgrade of NTFS so he has the zips all ready to go.

Keeping this for a very, very long time :)

VS: Bluecurve
Wall: Raingutter
Icons: Ugly Luna - want 128x128 Bluecurve PNG's...tell me if you know where to get em!

Hehe, o_87 feels I'm obsessed with Mac look-alike visual styles, so I've planned something else for next month. ;)

same old vs... alternate only between Noir and AquaDark because i havent found another one I like as much yet

VS: Aquadark 1.6
Icons: stuff (iconfactory, myself)
Wallpaper: pic I lifted from DouglasArthur.com, then spiffed up for my own purposes :p
Stuff: Samurize, Y'z Dock

and @ e-punk - thats a very refreshing vs, me like :)

*edit* - ungh, just realized that the track i was playing says "the prodigy" ... time for me to go through and change all the damn file names to get rid of that "the" now... :mad: damn cddb!

here's this months screenie

think im gonna keep it this way for a while

oh. everything can be found on deviant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back