December 2005, Database Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another rollback - WHAT?

gonaads said:
And no, EP is not human. He is a silicon based AI and he seems to be malfunctioning again. He gets his yearly upgrade and all his nuts 'n bolts come loose.
We need to stick a USB cable in him and update his firmware

:smoker:

Ah well. It's good we're all still around lol.

Jewelzz said:
I missed it all. No worries EP, we're used to it :eek: Seriously, sh*t happens to the best of us and as upset as X-Istence might be, he'll get over it. I'm sure he's made a mistake or 2 as well

:)

I am pissed at myself for not getting it all done sooner, I am not pissed at ElectronicPunk, as this is as much my fault is it is his, if it is even anyone's fault in the first place.

Fanclub member now as well!

This is why I do a weekly database backup on my site. It is a shame when something like this happens .. We will rebuild ..

O.K. That's over and done with... So what else is new around here? :D

Hey, at least ya got rid of that damn annoying box around our Sigs. :p

Holy freakin cow....

I know it was an accident and all, but why there wasn't a daily working and tested automated backup working the day after the last loss is beyond me

I was under the impression that there was.

Apparently I was wrong.

gonaads said:
O.K. That's over and done with... So what else is new around here? :D :p

Well I used this opportunity to make another Avatar for myself so I guess that classifies as “What’s new” :laugh: .

With this post I will see how it looks:rolleyes: .

EP; Good luck with the rebuilding of the site.

And any others that are helping.

I feel kinda bad, cause I never really got my OSNN backup script going either. I got a fair bit of work done on it, but in hindsight I doubt you would really want to be sync'ing a copy of DB each night trans-atlantic

if you actually do, then let me know and I will see what I can sort out.

Khayman said:
Holy freakin cow....

I know it was an accident and all, but why there wasn't a daily working and tested automated backup working the day after the last loss is beyond me

We don't have an extra MySQL server to test the backups on, the script I was writing was corrupting the database files as they were being transferred to the NAS. Which is where we wanted them stored. So the newer backups I had from a while ago were broken, so I had deleted them a while ago, as well as removing the script from duty while I rewrote parts. Like I said, I am to blame as well.

Geffy said:
I feel kinda bad, cause I never really got my OSNN backup script going either. I got a fair bit of work done on it, but in hindsight I doubt you would really want to be sync'ing a copy of DB each night trans-atlantic

if you actually do, then let me know and I will see what I can sort out.

Weekly would be fine. What I really want though is one that works well with the NAS, but it can only be accessed by FTP, or SMBFS, and that is where the server is hanging when mounting, the smbfs part. Using FTP to stick it on there would make my life harder as to what file it replaces, and whatnot.

its amazing how some members have gone from 5800 rep points to 2500.
since august 2005? wow.

Any chance it will be restored?

NM... read 1st post. :(

Hey I have some extra MYSQL database room on my host, anything I can do to help testing?

kcnychief said:
Hey I have some extra MYSQL database room on my host, anything I can do to help testing?

Testing the database would mean a clean database that does not mind getting written over every time we do it. I am working on a system at home. The script is ready to go into production after some testing today.

Once the backup scripts are going, all should be good to go.

X-Istence said:
Testing the database would mean a clean database that does not mind getting written over every time we do it. I am working on a system at home. The script is ready to go into production after some testing today.

Once the backup scripts are going, all should be good to go.

K- Just wanted to make the offer.

Good luck on the testing! :)

hey as long as we get something this time im cool. but if we dont and a 3rd mishap happens us in the IT business just wont be able to sleep hehe.

VenomXt said:
hey as long as we get something this time im cool. but if we dont and a 3rd mishap happens us in the IT business just wont be able to sleep hehe.

This was the third time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back