cheap yet classy ties?

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
ok so im lookin for more ties cuz i need like a billion more. but im also on a budget so i was wondering if any1 knew a store with classy, affordable ties?
here's an example of what im talkin about!
br261617-01p1.jpg

br261617-00p1.jpg

those were from banana republic btw and were $60 :speechless:

Prodj - I hate to break this to you, but a striped tie and a stripped shirt violates any defnition of class in the fashion world. Those combo's you posted are garish.

yeah yeah i know. i actually had this convo with my boss. i know that is a big rule. i just put that picture so u guys would know which ties im lookin for

I only wear my Charterhouse School tie.

Those shirts and ties displayed above (^^^^) are just so third rate, they are nasty.

All black... Black slacks, black dress shirt and black tie. The gangster look. :D

Oooor, full suit, black two button single breasted, with silver/grey satin dress shirt and matching satin tie. :D

What price range are you looking at? At first thought, I came up with this:

Kuhlman - $39 each

Kuhlman's is considered to be good for a younger, modern dress look. But hey, to each his own!

Also, if you have a Dillard's near you, then see if they have BCBG for men. BCBG recently started making men's clothing, and the Dillard's near me sells it. They make nice ties and dress shirts for a decent price.

For $25 each, you're gonna need to find something either on sale in a store or on discount online, or on eBay. It's tough to get a nice tie for $25 without it being marked down. You get what you pay for, so try and find good deals. If you pick up a $20 tie and a $50 tie, you can feel the difference. It's hard to get a quality knot out of a thin tie, so you want one that's a bit thicker... and those tend to cost a bit more. If you have an account, take a look on eBay. Look for ties from Hugo Boss, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger, Express, Banana Republic and Brooks Brothers. Speaking of Express, there are many of those stores around the country and they have great sales all the time.

i like express. very fashionable and hip! but its a little on the expensive side but i'll try ebay. man i found these nice louis vuitton wallets (authentic) for $50 *originally 250*. who knows if they are real cuz that sounds too good to be true.

Ha, Louis Vuitton is too trendy for me. :p

Like I said, Express has some awesome sales every month or two. I've got several ties from there that I bought for $10 each. I pretty much never buy anything from there retail because it's pretty much guaranteed that I'm gonna get everything I want on sale if I have a bit of patience.

LeeJend said:
Prodj - I hate to break this to you, but a striped tie and a stripped shirt violates any defnition of class in the fashion world. Those combo's you posted are garish.

A few basic rules (and I'm not making these up ;)):

1) As a general rule, you can wear a striped shirt with a striped tie as long as the stripes aren't identical in size.

2) Make sure at least one color in your tie matches either your suit, shirt, or your belt and shoes.

3) Avoid wearing a striped shirt with a striped tie and a pinstriped suit. Matching three similar patterns together is rarely a winning combination.

Since we're on fashion. What ever happened to pin strip shirts? The stripes are offensively wide on any shirt I've looked at in the last 10 years, forcing you to wear solid or embossed ties.

Muzik - striped on striped may be considered fashionable in a redneck, alternative sexual preference, ethnic honkytonk in Lubbock, but it won't cut it in a corporate environment in Dallas or Houston. (I can get away with the pin stripes because I'm in Fort Worth.)

PS Marge, rest of the ladies, you've missed a golden opportunity to slam the guys here. Something along the lines of "all men talk about is their clothes".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back