Bush bashers...any comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone catch Family Guy Sunday night? They portrayed him nicely!
Now I'll laugh even more when I see his goofy lookin smug grin on TV.

I don't like Bush, and I don't like Kerry. But this is completely irrelevant. IQ tests are for the ignorant who have something to prove, yet they prove nothing.
Same as school grades - I never gave a damn about school, I never got above average grades, yet I'm the only person I personally know who can use the English language to any extent of comprehensibility, I can do maths well (it's part of my job), I can use a computer more adeptly than most and I have a very broad general knowledge.

Unleashed said:
I don't like Bush, and I don't like Kerry. But this is completely irrelevant. IQ tests are for the ignorant who have something to prove, yet they prove nothing.
Same as school grades - I never gave a damn about school, I never got above average grades, yet I'm the only person I personally know who can use the English language to any extent of comprehensibility, I can do maths well (it's part of my job), I can use a computer more adeptly than most and I have a very broad general knowledge.

That's the thing though... Many wouldn't be saying anything if the chief Executive official in this country didn't go around saying things like this

http://release.theplatform.com/content.select?pid=B9VLDazWialomHyrhcsC6BaNlrGk7PdC&UserName=Unknown

Ehehehe, that's brilliant! Don't worry, I'm not defending him at all - I think he's a damn fool, I'm merely saying that there can never be a test of intelligence, so the remark is unfair.

funny-bush-photo.jpg

fimchick said:
LOL that is a good line Sazar. Wonder why though, for the life of me, Kerry refused to make his transcripts public and then only did so recently when he signed the release for making his service records public (which incidentally included his transcript). Just curious. Maybe because D is for Dummy, not Distinguished, as he said. =] Oh and it's quite amuzing that one of the D's he got was in Poly Sci class, rofl! An omen during his college years for his miserable loss at President?

Your "logic" lost steam a long time ago.

Your reason for posting this thread was that Kerry was dumber than Bush. Unfortunately the reasoning and link you used only reinforced the opposite.

Perhaps you should consider renaming this thread "Kerry basher's, rejoice, just make sure you don't read the whole article"

Regardless of grades, I'm still with fimchick on this one. Kerry is one silly M-F with no integrity whatsoever. Feel as you wish about Bush, but what he says he's going to do, he does, and what he does has been more often than not been working out positively.

That being said, I'd still like to roshambo him and Clinton over the whole NAFTA bull$hit.

Kr0m said:

Yes, and I havent laughed that hard in a long time

fimchick said:
Tell you what, how about you go to Yale and then we'll see how steller (you mean stellar?) your grades will be mmkay? ;)

By the way, not attacking you, just making my point that a 77 at Yale (or any Ivy League school for that matter ) is the equivalent of a 95 in any other college.

So, you're basically saying that any other college that is not an Ivy League school isn't good enough for educating the masses?

You take any rich family's snob kid from an Ivy League school and put them in, say, Stanford, UCLA or Notre Dame or even Boston College and see how they fair. And remember, in one of them "ordinary" colleges they won't have family clout to help them out of a jam. If they screw up there Mommy and/or Daddy won't be able to give a "donation" to the "family" named wing of the school to help ol' snobby screwup. If they get bounced, there goes that Ivy League 77 that should be an easy 95 in "ordinary land" as you put it.

But then again, it all depends on the person and his or her intellect. Ivy League school or not. Not the size of the family wallet.

Bush's highest grade at Yale was an 88 in anthropology, history and philosophy. He received one D in his four years, a 69 in astronomy, and improved his grades after his freshman year, the transcript showed.
Thats a rather diverse set of classes. I think a 101 class in any of those should net most any coke head alchoholic a descent grade. :p *puts on flame resistant gear*

Also throwing around grades is fun and all but this article failed to mention what either got a degree in.

The highest grade i have got in my two years of high school so far was like a 97 and that was networking. All other classes are like 80 and below lol. I don't really see how the presidents grades affect him as our president. I mean does history really affect on how he does stuff or math or astronomy? I mean yeah he should be somewhat smart but still :\. I can't really explain what i wanna say but hopefully someone knows what i mean.

Yale is a joke, Now harvard - That is a college :)

Just because someone does bad/average in college don't make them a bad or stupid person. If you look at statistics, People who do average or below in college turn out to be the most successful people ... Hell people who dropped out or flunked out do better than people who graduated ivy league. Take Bill Gates for example ...

TittleBitties said:
The highest grade i have got in my two years of high school so far was like a 97 and that was networking. All other classes are like 80 and below lol. I don't really see how the presidents grades affect him as our president. I mean does history really affect on how he does stuff or math or astronomy? I mean yeah he should be somewhat smart but still :\. I can't really explain what i wanna say but hopefully someone knows what i mean.
education in action

ThePatriot said:
Regardless of grades, I'm still with fimchick on this one. Kerry is one silly M-F with no integrity whatsoever.
funny, there are those of us that are sure Bush has the least integrity of any president or presidential candidate in the history of this country, who's broken more promises, deceived more people with more damage to America then any other president...he's done the opposite of everything he's said he would do

Things like;"only go to war in Iraq accept as a last resort"...some people think this man has some kind of integrity, but not too many of us.

Feel as you wish about Bush, but what he says he's going to do, he does
again, I don't think I've ever seen a president do exactly the opposite of what he's said or promised he's going to do as much as this president has done
what he does has been more often than not been working out positively.
shows what different perspective different people have

I can't think of one positive thing out of this presidency, it's policies, nor the promises made vs the actions or decisions taken....not one

strength of domestic economy, people think this is positive or a success?

strength of foreign economy, people think this is a success?

what's been done with the record surplus that he inherited...successfull policy?

turning that into the largest deficit in history...success?

domestic affairs...success?

foreign affairs?

world opinion of America?...positive results?

domestic opinion of Americans...positive results?

uniting Americans...succcessfull?

strength of our military ability...is this a success?

international respect? how about this...a success?

international regard for America...greater or less then if anyone else was in office?...anyone think this is positive or a success?

international perception of integrity of the office of president...success?

domestic perception of integrity of office...success?

protection of individual rights?...anyone happy?

security of national resources?

national treasure?

strengthen middle class?

improve financial opportunity?

improve access to education?

improve quality of education?

safeguard the health of our elders?

protect environment?

I don't think we'd like to compare and test the record of performance from this president against any other president

all off topic

someone actually tried to infer that the intelligence of Bush matched the intelligence of Kerry

hehee...good one

Last edited:
Unleashed said:
Ehehehe, that's brilliant! Don't worry, I'm not defending him at all - I think he's a damn fool, I'm merely saying that there can never be a test of intelligence, so the remark is unfair.

IQ tests do have their limitations... I found it funny when I was taking psych 101 and we were going over these (and just what problems exist with them). We took one of these tests, just for giggles, and after a long section on intelligence and why IQ test scores shouldn't be taken at face value. The professor then graded them, and we, well would have continued with the lecture...

One class mate scored a 143, which isn't at all bad. Only problem is I scored a 156, which upset her to no end. I was like "did you forget what the teacher told us about the validity of these tests?" I guess she was always told she was the smartest kid in class or whatever, and someone getting a higher score upset her deeply. My nonchalant attitude seemed to un-nerve her even more...

She litterally interupted the class, and kept trying to re-grade my test (which wasn't even meant to be taken that seriously) to try to argue that someone else in the class couldn't have gotten a higher score then her, the whole time getting more and more upset... Besides, those tests don't even measure all areas of intelligence, and there isn't even agreement among all, concerning just what does or does not constitute a form of intelligence.

What's funny in all of this, I didn't even present all the quotes I was finding online in which Bush opens his mouth and sounds foolish... Another, though the video is gone...

http://politicalhumor.miningco.com/od/bushvideos/v/bushismobgyn.htm

Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.

perris said:
funny, there are those of us that are sure Bush has the least integrity of any president or presidential candidate in the history of this country, who's broken more promises, deceived more people with more damage to America then any other president...he's done the opposite of everything he's said he would do

Things like;"only go to war in Iraq accept as a last resort"...some people think this man has some kind of integrity, but not too many of us.

again, I don't think I've ever seen a president do exactly the opposite of what he's said or promised he's going to do as much as this president has done

shows what different perspective different people have

I can't think of one positive thing out of this presidency, it's policies, nor the promises made vs the actions or decisions taken....not one

strength of domestic economy, people think this is positive or a success?

strength of foreign economy, people think this is a success?

what's been done with the record surplus that he inherited...successfull policy?

turning that into the largest deficit in history...success?

domestic affairs...success?

foreign affairs?

world opinion of America?...positive results?

domestic opinion of Americans...positive results?

uniting Americans...succcessfull?

strength of our military ability...is this a success?

international respect? how about this...a success?

international regard for America...greater or less then if anyone else was in office?...anyone think this is positive or a success?

international perception of integrity of the office of president...success?

domestic perception of integrity of office...success?

protection of individual rights?...anyone happy?

security of national resources?

national treasure?

strengthen middle class?

improve financial opportunity?

improve access to education?

improve quality of education?

safeguard the health of our elders?

protect environment?

I don't think we'd like to compare and test the record of performance from this president against any other president

all off topic

someone actually tried to infer that the intelligence of Bush matched the intelligence of Kerry

hehee...good one
Ok, here's a different view:

Passed tax cuts that gave millions of lower income Americans a better day by having to pay almost no tax, and lowered taxes for most of the rest of us. Now, I don't have a problem with paying taxes, but how about letting the American Citizen help boost the economy by spending his own money, vs. giving excess to the Govt and letting them spend it? I'm sorry but the current deficit comes largely from Clintons "balanced budget" that produced corporate and economic failures that ultimately lead to lost tax revenue on Bush's head, and the fallout from 9/11.

How about Bush's environmental decisions? He is turning Gore's ludicrous and unbalanced policies around to give more consideration to humans and our needs, not to mention attempting to lessen our dependency on foreign oil?

The economy did grow, to record numbers, in 2004, not to mention creating 2 million jobs, even with the Clinton-era NAFTA farce and outsourcing.

He has at least attempted to reform social security, prescription plans for seniors, and invest in education. The Democratic camp has provided little more than lip service in all those areas in the past.

Has our foreign image been tarnished? Yes, of course, mostly due to the fact that Democracy has taken hold in the mideast so well. It's hard for all those totalitarian Govts to look into their future and accept their demise...it's also very hard for those that can't make things happen to applaud those that can.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think everything is peaches and cream, but I also don't agree with the view that he is some kind of idiot or inferior.
The long term benefits from most of his policies will be positive, unlike those of his predecessor. And you don't have to be a Harvard grad to see that...you just have to look past the end of your nose.

Kr0m said:

that had to be the funniest thing ever. i kept playing that part over and over.

ThePatriot said:
Regardless of grades, I'm still with fimchick on this one. Kerry is one silly M-F with no integrity whatsoever. Feel as you wish about Bush, but what he says he's going to do, he does, and what he does has been more often than not been working out positively.

No, he doesn't. Thats the thing you see that defines a politician. Neither Kerry nor Bush has any integrity based on what they say. The Bush team has a better set of spinners so you tend to think he does not deviate from his position. This is blatantly untrue especially if you look @ his statements on any given subject over a period of weeks.

That being said, I'd still like to roshambo him and Clinton over the whole NAFTA bull$hit.

I live in Texas right now so I know very well first-hand about this :)

ThePatriot said:
Ok, here's a different view:

Passed tax cuts that gave millions of lower income Americans a better day by having to pay almost no tax

as I say, some of bush's policy are fine...those under severe pressure due to taxation, tax relief, however, those under no pressure, none of my money thank you very much

lowered taxes for most of the rest of us
?

giving you 50 cents and then charging you a dollar for what used to be provided is a tax increase...it's this type of book juggling that makes people thing the government is taking less money when in fact they are taking more

...your tax dollars have been increased, not decreased

how about letting the American Citizen help boost the economy by spending his own money

a fine idea...however, when the government charges for government services, you have less of your money to spend not more, and the middle class will shrink

giving excess to the Govt and letting them spend it?

instead, the government is spending more not less then before they gave all your money away

I'm sorry but the current deficit comes largely from Clinton's "balanced budget"

?

the current deficit comes directly from the government giving your money to rich people...this was predicted by the Bush economic adviser Greenspan, and he was correct

that produced corporate and economic failures that ultimately lead to lost tax revenue on Bush's head, and the fallout from 9/11

the economic failures are entirely the result of Bush policy, as far as the 9/11 attack, without going into a debate over whether or not that should have been prevented by this president, the cost of the attack on 9/11 is dwarfed by the cost of the made up war in Iraq

How about Bush's environmental decisions? He is turning Gore's ludicrous and unbalanced policies around to give more consideration to humans and our needs

ummm...ludicrous?...the scientists that provided Bush with most of his "scientific data" have told us that he changed and hid the affects of his policy

not to mention attempting to lessen our dependency on foreign oil?

huh?

how is that?

The economy did grow, to record numbers, in 2004, not to mention creating 2 million jobs, even with the Clinton-era NAFTA farce and outsourcing

not happy with NAFTA

He has at least attempted to reform social security, prescription plans for seniors, and invest in education

you mean stealing the funds from the program and giving it to rich people is now called "reform"?..interesting evaluation

The Democratic camp has provided little more than lip service in all those areas in the past

this is republican balderdash, the democrats have provided EXCELLAT alternatives which have been ignored...starting with getting back the money that was stolen from the middle class, and giving it back...think this MIGHT bea good idea?

Has our foreign image been tarnished? Yes, of course, mostly due to the fact that Democracy has taken hold in the Mideast so well

it's been trashed because he made up a war...that's the only reason...the trashed reputation was predicted by his own aids before he went ahead and trashed us and he figured he would trash our reputation anyway

It's hard for all those totalitarian Govts to look into their future and accept their demise

the future of more made up war?

it's also very hard for those that can't make things happen to applaud those that can

/agrees...as much as it's hard for those that have supported a man and his policy to see the results if those polices fail

Don't get me wrong, I don't think everything is peaches and cream, but I also don't agree with the view that he is some kind of idiot or inferior.
The long term benefits from most of his policies will be positive, unlike those of his predecessor. And you don't have to be a Harvard grad to see that...you just have to look past the end of your nose.

well, we all have to look past the end of our nose

Last edited:
As I said, a different view. I didn't think for one minute you would agree with what I said, just pointing out that not everything is black or white. There are plenty of grey areas that can be interpreted quite differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back