bin laden near capture!!!

perris said:
well, how many of have said that Bush will march bin laden out just before the election to guarantee another four years?

it was a joke at the time, but reports right now is that bin laden is being boxed in, and capture is near

I can't find a link to the story, but it's what's being reported in the news hear in new york
i predicted it the day that they caught sadaam.

[edit]
here's the news article: http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&oi=n...Story.asp?Article=90975&Sn=WORL&IssueID=27169

Could be why there is so little activity going on in Afghanistan, they probley already have Osama, holding him till just the right moment, then will make it pretty for the cameras. Wouldn't supprise me in anyway. Every president has done something similar. They either start a war, finish a war, or some other great foreign afairs ordeal to put themselfs in the spotlight for re-election. I just don't know why this is such a "news flash".

Where have you all been the last 30 years?

Too many people would have to be involved in this to make it work like you're trying to say. Osama is being pulled out of a hat just before election time? With the several hundred people necessary for a capture of this magnitude, (including some Clinton-appointed generals), there would have been a whistleblower already. To believe the timing is part of a giant conspiracy is pretty silly.

Unwonted said:
Too many people would have to be involved in this to make it work like you're trying to say. Osama is being pulled out of a hat just before election time? With the several hundred people necessary for a capture of this magnitude, (including some Clinton-appointed generals), there would have been a whistleblower already. To believe the timing is part of a giant conspiracy is pretty silly.

I agree :)

Unwonted said:

At least there is one person with a little bit of sense.

Don't you left wingers have some terrorist's rights to protect?

Unwonted said:

Good call. Conspiracy theories make for great movies, but just aren't feasable in the real world. Too many loose lips.

j79zlr said:
At least there is one person with a little bit of sense.

WOW! Got right to the point there! :eek: Funny but also sadly true in some cases.

Unwonted said:
sorry, it's a sinch to pull this off...just keep hurding him around with military pressure, making him think he's getting away and everyone, even the forces involved...simple

as if you think it's not hard to track man

we supposedly have satalites that can count the hair on a mans arm... I am amazed this guy is not cought yet...you aren't?

and now we say we "almost have him"

huh?

if we "almost have hin", we do have him, there is no "almost"

when you're ready, you just pull the trigger whenever you want, simply saying;

"we had the chance, we took it, we had other chances, but this time it looked like we'd have a high success rate...etc"

nobody is going to liook at all the other chances that were there.

so sorry, this is too simple to accomplish...all you need is one person to decide when to pull the trigger, and just like Bush making beleiive Iraq was about 9/11, Americans starving for reprisal would fall for this too

j79zlr said:

typical,,,if someone disagrees with you they must be on the terrorists side.

even though it's the republicans and Bushes war, who at every turn has helped terrorists, galvanized their hate to wards America, allowed those organizations to disband around the word, diluted forces and resources intended to fight terrorism in order to start a make believe war (this is according to bush aids we might add to this discussion)

liberals do NOT want to protect terrorists rights, and I take offense.,,,it does seem that republicans want to make terrorism stronger though, that's for sure

liberals want our boys and our girls defending this country, and not taken somewhere made up

liberals want to protect this country and what she stands for...you know, like not making up a war, like not sending our children to die with made up info, like not telling us this is about 9/11 when you know it that it isn't.

republicans want to back this president no matter what he's said and what decisions he's made,,,no matter in all his wisdom what he's done to this country

perris said:
sorry, it's a sinch to pull this off...just keep herding him around...as if you think it's not hard to track this man

we supposedly have satalites that can count the hair on a mans arm, I am amazed this guy is not cought yet...you aren't?

and when you're ready, you just pull the trigger, simply saying;

"we had the chance, we took it, we had other chances, but this time it looked like we'd have a high success rate...etc"

nobody is going to liook at all the other chances that were there.

so sorry, this is too simple to accomplish...all you need is one person to decide when to pull the trigger, and just like Bush making beleiive Iraq was about 9/11, idiots would fall for this too

Gotta disagree with you here. Although not entirely impossible, there's simply not enough boots on the ground in Afghanistan to make it possible...and the terrain does not lend itself to controlled force movement. Just too rugged in many areas. Yeah, the satellites are good, but unless we have a microchip implanted in him, they can't track him.

you think we need "boots on the ground" to mount a force strong enough to annialate the spot where we "almost have him"?...or even in your case., you don't think we could garner the "boots on the ground" to capture the man that attacked America on her soil?...came to our house and took us down?

sorry, there is no "we almost have him"...that just flies in the face of common sense

I'm sure the "almost have him" has more to do with intelligence that is suggesting a location or movement rather that actually having eyes on him. "Almost have him" is a great way to force him to move, too. I'm sure we get lots of intelligence as to his whereabouts that is 99.9 percent wrong. What better way to see if the bees are actually home than to chuck a rock into the nest? Yes, we need more men in Afghanistan to do the job right. I've believed that from day one.

thepattiot..this is just too convenient...I think this would be far easier to pull off then what he pulled off to divert our forces from Afghanistan into Iraq...I didn't think that was possible...yet we see from his own aids sworn testimony, he was trying to attack Iraq as an immediate reaction to 9/11 even though he new as a fact it was Afghanistan

when that was happening, I wouldn't have believed people would fall for it, yet they did...I posted numerous documented sources, later pointed out in the 9/11 report I might add, that the CIA TOLD bush that Iraq was NOT about 9/11, and that they TOLD him his statements to America about the weapons were not supportable and that he was misinterpreting and exaggerating to suit his personal agenda

that was allot harder to pull of then this

it's just not as hard to pull this off as he pulled off the war we now know he was intending to have from the start.

for instance...now that the convention boosted the Bush numbers, have you noticed this story has quieted?

a little convenient...now, if the numbers get even again or Bush looks like he's going to loose, don't you think it will be just s a little convenient if the story surfaces again?

Well, I'll just say I respect your opinion, but firmly disagree. I only say this because I was a "boot on the ground" for many years. Our military is good, I'd argue the best in the world. But that task is just too complex to pull off from what I have seen and lived...at least in the Afghan environment. This is coming from 6 years experience in the Infantry and 2 years as a Tank Crewman, so it's not like I'm a desk jockey talking $hit and trying to put one over on ya...I've been there and done that. And as far as using the news to manipulate the public...no public figure is innocent of that.

And as far as the personal agenda goes, the President of the United States of America does not have the power to send troops to war on a whim. It is a decision made mainly by Congress, although if the JCOS thought it was a bull$hit action, or an unrealistic action, they would not have allowed it to happen. There were many people involved in making this war happen, so you can pretty much throw the personal agenda thing out the window. He may have wanted it to happen, but he does not have the ultimate power to make it happen.

I have no problem using the media to manipulate the public

I have a problem doing that to start wars...there are lines that can't be crossed...this is one of them...don't you think?

I look at the world leaders we are lumbered with and none of them are of any stature and neither is their opposite numbers.

A sad state of affairs really, wheels within wheels. :(

one thing is certain polyglory, we are the embodyment of the proverb;

"may you live in interesting times"

and so we do

perris said:
I have no problem using the media to manipulate the public

I have a problem doing that to start wars...there are lines that can't be crossed...this is one of them...don't you think?

I think the only thing we did wrong in Iraq is not send the force required to get the job done right. I've seen too much already to convince me that Saddam either was, or was soon to be, a threat to us and mideast stability in general. His track record and his associations left alot to be desired.

perris said:
one thing is certain polyglory, we are the embodyment of the proverb;

"may you live in interesting times"

and so we do

Now THAT we can agree on! :D

ThePatriot said:
And as far as the personal agenda goes, the President of the United States of America does not have the power to send troops to war on a whim. It is a decision made mainly by Congress, although if the JCOS thought it was a bull$hit action, or an unrealistic action, they would not have allowed it to happen. There were many people involved in making this war happen, so you can pretty much throw the personal agenda thing out the window. He may have wanted it to happen, but he does not have the ultimate power to make it happen.

on this, I have to respectfully dissagree

this president withheld the vital documents he is opbligated to present so that the other branches of our government can pass law with the information

our checks and ballances are in place for just such people as this president and his action, yet this was circumvented by this president, and he did in fact take us into a war coungress would NOT have approved if he presented the information he was obligated by law and office to present

The president is required by law to ensure the congressional Intelligence
committees are kept fully and currently informed of the intelligence activities
of the United States.

this is the law of this land

polyglory said:
Nec Aspera Terrent :(

Interesting...Quite a few Military Instutions use that motto...from where do you quote it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back