Best Top Video Card Suggestion

8800GT can't handle 1920x1200 at acceptable frame rates on recent games (saints row2, nfs undercover, etc).

G92 is a bit long in the tooth now for those playing the very latest games.

how long since u've formatted?

btw.. are u sure u need a new gpu? the 8800GT is pretty great (why u think nvidia keeps renaming it?) and there aren't many new ones that kick its ass all around, specially without spending 600$

what games are you having problems with?

And this has always been the trouble (the slowness when extracting, copying, burning) Not new.

Neither company is saying when exactly their DirectX 11 cards will be out yet other than Q4 2009. NVIDIA is still mum on 40 nm. Of course we should expect the DirectX 11 cards before Christmas so they can get a boost from Christmas sales.

The 8800 GT is still a great card and can handle HD-DVD/BD playback as well as handle most games well. I have my 8800 GT safely packed back up in its box as an emergency backup card if my ATI 4980 fails for some reason. So what if you can't max everything and run the resolution at the highest level? Yeah, I know it's aggravating. If possible I would hold on to using the 8800 until the 40 nm DirectX 11 cards come out. Save the money. It will suck to spend the money on a card now only to not have DirectX 11 support when new games come out that use it.

If you really want a new card now then go for it but IMHO it's not the most financially feasible decision. Which is the best card to go with is very subjective. If I had an option I would likely go with an XFX ATI Radeon HD 4890. I'm sure others will disagree and say to go with an NVIDIA card but, as I said, it's subjective.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back