Best Chat Program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bman, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

What do you think the best chat program (like msn) is ???

Tell me why ?..........

2. iowaboy

iowaboy old person

I have used ICQ, AOL instant messenger, Yahoo messenger and MSN messenger. Right now the only one I use is msn messenger. Why, because I don't get alot of spam with it. Is it the best? For me right now, yes.

3. butcherboys

butcherboys Unconforming User

Messenger Programs

Trillian Pro Rocks!!

Butcherboys :D

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Windows Messenger ... dunno why. I just like it the best and it serves my purpose.

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

I also like MSNM the best (addon free so it is ad free). However, most of my pals have AIM so I use that the most.

NR: PM me your passport address so I can add you =)

6. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

I have and use ICQ, Yahoo and MSNM. I've used AIM before but it sucks!

7. madmatt

and she ignores me on every single one of them.

8. FoD

FoD Guest

I've used ICQ for 5 years and it still is the best.

9. ssj4conejo

ssj4conejo Guest

this might sound odd, but ANY TYPE OF IRC like Mirc is the best Chat program because of its various functionalities and vast neworks. if irc had voice support it would kick ass.

10. Otter21

Otter21 Guest

Trillian for me - it's brilliant.

11. jumpy

jumpy Guest

i've tried msnm and icq, and my vote goes to msnm because icq is a memory hogging b!tch

12. Spider

Spider Guest

I've tried all these chat proggies. AOL sux! I guess thats everone else's opinion too. Used ICQ for quite a while, but thats easy to exploit, and with ready made software now freely available, i got a lil worried after i got a couple of DOS attacks. MSN is good, however, (personal xperience) i keep getting knocked off if i'm idle for a long time. got a Cable connection, so i keep it on for most of the time i'm online, and i keep getting disconnected after a couple of hours. i wuld say Yahoo is the best!! It's got voice and webcam functions, NEVER gets disconnected, the icons are much better, and the status messages can be modified. as far as security goes, it's pretty solid, even tho it's a P2P messenger, (like ICQ, and unlike MSN) it does not compromise ur security. These are just my opinions, as a user, no expert advice, coz i am no expert.

13. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

msn is the best in my opinion, though i do like mirc i don't like the various scans/atacks i keep getting.

all feel free 2 add me:p

Henyman@hotmail.com

14. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

oh yeah i do have Aim cus i use Aol but i never use it cus it has a few parts i don't like such as pressing return don't send message,it acts as it does in word etc. it's a pain 2 alway's b clicking "send":p

15. madmatt

Once a new version of AIM+ comes out I will again be happy with AIM. I hate the ads and those big clunky toolbars.

16. U2Penn

U2Penn U2Penn

i agree totally with ya Henyman....AOL would definately have to be last on my list. my personal favorite is Yahoo messenger. BTW what is Trillian? i never heard of it before. thanks.

17. guru

guru Guest

mines yahoo simple and good intergration with thier site not to mention offline messages

18. madmatt

Trillian is all the messenger programs in one (AIM, ICQ, MIRC, MSNM, YIM)

19. U2Penn

U2Penn U2Penn

kewl, thanks madmatt.....i never knew there was a messenger that supported all the chat programs.

20. madmatt

np. it's a good idea if you have all of them running at once, so you don't have to have all the systray icons and all the messengers hogging RAM. Since I only use AIM and MSNM 100% of the time, there is no point for me to use it. But I guess a lot of users like it.