at least it wasn't a bald eagle...

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
News is a bit old, but...

Thousands of evacuees kept a wary eye on a brush-fed wildfire that forced them from their homes north of Los Angeles as temperatures rose and humidity plunged on Monday, fire officials said.

Fire officials traced the blaze's source to a red-tailed hawk that apparently was electrocuted by power lines and fell to the ground, igniting brush that has not burned since 1962.

ok? how in da hell does a electrocuted bird start a fire? i mean was it on fire or somethin?

lol @ muzi. yep. he must have consulted with NASA on that one.

or.. Maybe the hawk drank a gallon of gasoline before hitting the powerlines, and when it hit the ground, all the air in it's tiny lungs let out, as well as some gas fumes, and it turned it's beak into a mini-flamethrower. :/

alright ha ha...i guess u all missed what i was saying

ok? how in da hell does a electrocuted bird start a fire? i mean was it on fire or somethin?

not much to miss there. did u have a hidden message if it was read backwards?

?nihtemos ro erif no ti saw naem i ?erif a trats drib detucortcele a seod lleh ad ni woh ?ko

nope, nothin that i can read.

*feels like he's being such an ass, but it's funny as hell*

i ment as in how did the bird catch on fire? i mean come on if i flew into power lines i wouldnt catch on fire...or would i? (dog with shifty eyes)

ok... let me put it this way..... it's not like it somehow licked a 9 Volt battery. we're talkin pretty beefy power lines. plus all the heat generated inside the bird's body, and all the feathers on the outside holding in pretty much heat.... feathers go *poof*. it's not like they're fire resistant.

....you almost got me to say something that.... well..... i should have...... but i didn't. lol.

Interesting comeback though. :-\

TittleBitties said:
i ment as in how did the bird catch on fire? i mean come on if i flew into power lines i wouldnt catch on fire...or would i? (dog with shifty eyes)

please try it for all of us :cool:

don't say that. he just might. *thinks* what game do you think his parents might blame that action on? Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004?

dont powerlines have insulation built around them so that it doesnt do that. I have seen birds sitting quite happily on power lines and I havent seen any of them seemingly spontaniously combust. So unless its talons broke through the insulation or it bit down on the cable itself, I dont really understand how the bird could have possibly caught fire.

[killa_bunny] said:
dont powerlines have insulation built around them so that it doesnt do that. I have seen birds sitting quite happily on power lines and I havent seen any of them seemingly spontaniously combust. So unless its talons broke through the insulation or it bit down on the cable itself, I dont really understand how the bird could have possibly caught fire.

Yes, they do have insulation, but it can crack and come off. If you look close enough to all the dead birds and squirrels on the roads, you see that most of them are not flat at first...i.e. thay didn't get run over, they got zapped on the power line and fell to the road. And yes, if it's a powerful enough line, they can flame up. And yes, TittleBitties, if it we're a very high tension line, you would too...please don't try it. :p

Dunno how, but I saw it happen to more than one squirrel on some very high power lines at a building I once worked at. Sometimes quite a poof. Noting but fur left.

bird can only be electricuted if they touch more than 1 wire, they are safe on the wires because there is no ground conection. an eagle probebly has large enough wings to get in the way :p

yep. we could probably even hang from ONE wire and survive (though i'm not gonna be the first to try it.). but 2 wires, and u could consider yourself the new KFC.

thank u...now do u all think i am stupid...what u all r talkin about is what i was tryin to get it. so dont be hatin dog :p lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back