at least it wasn't a bald eagle...

Amanda where I live also, we have power cuts for 5 hours a day 4 times a week also.

So power cuts or outages to the weather are something I am used to.

Tittle have you done your paper route yet?

Must be 7 year since we had a power cut,was a really bad storm :eek:

Evil Marge said:
I like a good storm but we missed them all :rolleyes:

Come to NEPA, nothing but rain/thunderstorms since May. I dont think we've gone more than a 7-10 day stretch since then without a good storm. Great days to be a duck! :rolleyes:

ThePatriot said:
Come to NEPA, nothing but rain/thunderstorms since May. I dont think we've gone more than a 7-10 day stretch since then without a good storm. Great days to be a duck! :rolleyes:
Same as I'm only a state above you :p

Xie said:
Same as I'm only a state above you :p

Then I'm sure you will be homicidal if someone tries to use the word 'drought" also? :p On the brighter side, it's been keeping the pool topped off for free... :rolleyes:

We've had a drought over the last few years here in New Mexico. Albeit the last couple of weeks, we've seen more rain (meh, flash floods :D )... I guess mother nature was making up for some of it :cool:

The worst storm I've been in the midst of, was when my parents rented a cottage (OK, they rented the house, but we didn't get what we rented) in Vermont one year. It was so bad in fact, our Alaskin Mallemute was afraid of thunder from that point on... This was worse then the tail end of tropical storms/huricanes which we caught at the tail end, when I lived in New Jersey.

It was a rickety little cottage, and my parents were concerned it might not survive the storm. However the weather was too bad, and the roads too flooded for us to go anywhere. I stayed in the one room with my brother Mark (yes, there were seperate beds if anyone wonders) and my parents stayed in the other. My sister Jean slept out on the porch, and also complained about these "thre blind mice" that she saw scury about :D Lets just say she didn't like mice.

True, there wasn't insulation or what not, but outside that one storm, I don't remember hearing anything that sounded quite that bad...

When it cleared up, it was pretty nice, for awhile...and so we stayed. But when it was on the weather report that another storm was comming in, my parents gathered everything up prompto, cut the vacation short, and "OK, we are leaving... Hurry, don't want to get stuck in this one too..." My parents were thinking that another big storm like that, the cottage (which was on stilts of short), wouldn't survive and would be washed off the hill, and into the lake.

how did we get to bird catching on fire too storms?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back